Just finished my first build. I present, my Baby Blender.

Alkatraz

nMoPF7h.jpg

There she is, Going for the maiden flight tomorrow. Has a 1300MAH 4C battery 28-26 1200kv motor, turnigy SC, Orange receiver. Build went really smooth. Biggest trouble was getting all the electronics soldered in and bound. I added tape to all the control surfaces and a few skewers for a tail drag and to reinforce a few areas. Any other tips before i take her out for the maiden?

Alkatraz

Thank you very much. Looking forward to getting it into the air. Should be a new experience compared to my parkzone radian.

NewZee

Make sure you double check your CG! A little nose heavy is good. Also may want to try a glide test ? A hand launch on the maiden will also take one more "variable" out of the equation. Good luck! Post a video if you can.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's a good looking build!

Be gentle on the controls. The BB is short coupled and can be "pitchy" especially coming off a radian. Just be ready for it and you'll do fine!

Alkatraz

Alright the maiden flight went eh.. okay. It was probably too windy to be testing unfamiliar planes. Was up for about a minute getting a feel for the controls when a gust turned me down wind. I lost my altitude and in my attempt to point it back into the wind i put the nose in the ground. Total damages was just a broken prop and some crunched foam where the skewers hold the pod to the airframe. Put a new prop on and redid the foam piece holding the pod skewers and i ready for round two on a calmer day.

Takeaways: This thing is very sensitive to control input. It goes where you tell it to go when you tell it to go there. The wind will push it wherever the wind pleases and it takes a little more experience than i had with the airframe to correct for a strong gust and relatively unsafe altitudes.

Alkatraz

That's a good looking build!

Be gentle on the controls. The BB is short coupled and can be "pitchy" especially coming off a radian. Just be ready for it and you'll do fine!

I couldn't agree more. The radian turns like a train compared to this thing. It did take some getting used to. Hopefully i can get out on a calmer day and get some altitude so I'm able to get a better feel for it.

Alkatraz

Here's a quick video of the second flight on a calmer day. Now that she is all trimmed up she fly's like a dream.