Just got a new UMX Night Vapor! 😎😎😎

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You mentioned storage charging 1s. That's a problem that I've been trying to figure out for a long time (been looking since 2017). The only commercial solution dedicated for 1s is the vifly whoopstor, which getfpv has, and many others are starting to stock. Another solution would be to get some adapters to utilize your big rc charger, but you have to have a separate solution for differing numbers of batteries, and my charger at least gets grumpy when you have cells at different voltages (more than like .2v per cell), or if I'm working with different sizes of cells. I was so happy when I found the vifly whoopstor a few months ago - since it is managing each cell separately it just works. It doesn't have the tiny PH connector that your night vapor uses though, so you'd have to make an adapter (or multiple adapters if you want to do many batteries at once).

First thing I did when getting a new Whoop:

Replaced the connector with JST-PHR 2.0 connector. There were more 1S battery choices to go with, and the plug lasted longer. That's something I'd recommend going to with the Vapor as well...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
First thing I did when getting a new Whoop:

Replaced the connector with JST-PHR 2.0 connector. There were more 1S battery choices to go with, and the plug lasted longer. That's something I'd recommend going to with the Vapor as well...

Truth! I've had a few batteries where the connector went bad. Would cause brownouts and erratic behavior while flying. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Truth! I've had a few batteries where the connector went bad. Would cause brownouts and erratic behavior while flying. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

It's poor design on those little batteries. I get that they were trying to make it smaller, possibly to shave weight, but still...Everything I had, I just replaced it with the PHR 2.0 plugs. No more shorts, no more being tied to primarily HH branded batteries because the rest of the world used a better connector. LOL

There are certain things about HH and Spektrum that I like, but this isn't one of them!