Just VENTING about Corona-HYSTERIA

PoorManRC

Master member
This Corona-HYSTERIA is NUTZ!!! 😖😳😳😳
You can't buy Hand Sanitizer, Vitamins or any Paper Products ANYWHERE in town!! We're blowing our noses with NEWSPAPER!
Costco is only allowing TEN People at a time enter the Store!!! Not sure what that's going to do. Most shelves are EMPTY at Wally World.
We can't buy Canned or Dry Packaged Food - it's all nearly SOLD OUT!! We're nearly out of things to eat.

Our Grandbabies have a much bigger problem. NO Formula either. 😖 Greyson is OK with a steady diet of Milk and Mac n Cheese... But it's not the healthiest.
Little Lukas is only 8 months old. He NEEDS Formula!!!

Online sellers have JACKED UP the prices of Formula, Diapers and other Baby supplies. WE CAN'T AFFORD THEM!! 😭😭😭

On top of that, my Daughter has Baby #3 coming within 2 months!! I'm scared. I also know for a FACT by sad experience, absolutely NOBODY who has extra money - WON'T help us anymore.

You know.... I don't care if I have to starve. I'm nearly used to it. My Babies CAN'T starve! 😡😭😭💔

I HOPE and Pray that your Children and Grandchildren aren't having the same problems getting food, Diapers, etc.....
I also hope that none of you become directly affected by this.

IdoAllMyOwnStunts

Elite member
I work as a paramedic and it’s truly sad transporting Covid patients. They are in lots of pain and no one wants to come close to them. They are confined to a hospital room and checked on once in awhile. These are crazy times we live in. I just pray we the people can bounce back and overcome as a nation!

PoorManRC

Master member
I work as a paramedic and it’s truly sad transporting Covid patients. They are in lots of pain and no one wants to come close to them. They are confined to a hospital room and checked on once in awhile. These are crazy times we live in. I just pray we the people can bounce back and overcome as a nation!
I admire the work that you and everyone in the Medical Profession are doing in these uncertain times.
There's a few bad Medical Professionals..... But fortunately more are like yourself! I Pray that you can keep this horrible Virus away from you and your Family!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Personally I've been going to protests here in California. We really haven't been hit very hard at all yet the Governor insists we stay closed through fall. Everyone I know has been affected more by the shutdown than by the virus, we have about a 99.5% survival rate here. I've been having a hard time in school too, as an aspiring jet pilot it's kinda important that I actually learn this stuff and don't only pass the class.
I'm willing to cede that there are areas that have been affected more severely but here it just seems like a power grab.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Personally I've been going to protests here in California. We really haven't been hit very hard at all yet the Governor insists we stay closed through fall. Everyone I know has been affected more by the shutdown than by the virus, we have about a 99.5% survival rate here. I've been having a hard time in school too, as an aspiring jet pilot it's kinda important that I actually learn this stuff and don't only pass the class.
I'm willing to cede that there are areas that have been affected more severely but here it just seems like a power grab.
Why haven’t you been hit hard? - Because your governor took quick action in the beginning. I know it’s not a popular choice, but I admire the governors for taking quick action and realizing that this situation is serious. It’s definitely not a power grab IMHO and we need to respect the orders that our government and health experts are giving us to help us get through this difficult time with the least deaths possible. I know nobody wants to stay home, but the right choice isn’t always the easiest and most fun.

That‘a just my opinion of course, but I’m trying to keep my ears open from a lot of different sides and make an educated opinion on it.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Why haven’t you been hit hard? - Because your governor took quick action in the beginning. I know it’s not a popular choice, but I admire the governors for taking quick action and realizing that this situation is serious. It’s definitely not a power grab IMHO and we need to respect the orders that our government and health experts are giving us to help us get through this difficult time with the least deaths possible. I know nobody wants to stay home, but the right choice isn’t always the easiest and most fun.

That‘a just my opinion of course, but I’m trying to keep my ears open from a lot of different sides and make an educated opinion on it.
I supposed I should have elaborated a bit more in what I meant by that. The original precautions made more sense with the information available at the time. Numbers weren't as high as predicted however, and in California the number of new cases is already decreasing yet instead of starting to consider reopening the Governor is claiming that we'll need to stay inside until 2023, or even indefinitely.

What bugs me more though isn't the decisions that were made, as I said they made sense with the information available at the time. What concerns me is how they were made. There was no democratic process, state governments just declared that we're quarantined now and everyone did it. The fact that officials in our own government are able to wield power like that makes me a bit nervous, regardless of what they're doing with it. If there had been a vote and we had still decided to quarantine I wouldn't be bothered.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I supposed I should have elaborated a bit more in what I meant by that. The original precautions made more sense with the information available at the time. Numbers weren't as high as predicted however, and in California the number of new cases is already decreasing yet instead of starting to consider reopening the Governor is claiming that we'll need to stay inside until 2023, or even indefinitely.

What bugs me more though isn't the decisions that were made, as I said they made sense with the information available at the time. What concerns me is how they were made. There was no democratic process, state governments just declared that we're quarantined now and everyone did it. The fact that officials in our own government are able to wield power like that makes me a bit nervous, regardless of what they're doing with it. If there had been a vote and we had still decided to quarantine I wouldn't be bothered.
I completely agree with you. Any one person should not have enough power to shut down an entire state. That is ludicrous.

Luckily, @The Hangar's and my governor just opened the state. I'm glad you went to a protest. So did I. The whole reason our state opened is because of all the protesting going on. I hope your state opens up @Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes , and if not, you're joining the Marines right? I bet they don't care.:cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Oh, I see - that makes sense.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I completely agree with you. Any one person should not have enough power to shut down an entire state. That is ludicrous.

Luckily, @The Hangar's and my governor just opened the state. I'm glad you went to a protest. So did I. The whole reason our state opened is because of all the protesting going on. I hope your state opens up @Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes , and if not, you're joining the Marines right? I bet they don't care.:cool:
I'm still taking precautions like social distancing and limiting my contact with others. I'm pretty ticked off at all the protests actually. Any hating on President Trump for giving the Governers full authority to do what was necessary for their state? I'm not a huge fan of Trump but I'm happy with what he did with that move - it makes a lot of sense.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'm still taking precautions like social distancing and limiting my contact with others. I'm pretty ticked off at all the protests actually. Any hating on President Trump for giving the Governers full authority to do what was necessary for their state? I'm not a huge fan of Trump but I'm happy with what he did with that move - it makes a lot of sense.
I think the government making people stay at home, close businesses, and choose which businesses shall remain open, is a complete over-reach of their jurisdiction. Since we fought against the FAA for bossing the hobbyists around and making them put remote ID modules in RC aircraft, why don't we protest against the government for bossing our lives around and making us put masks on? I see no difference between the FAA and the Government, be it President Trump, or any of the governors. Let's not be switching sides between more rules and less rules. Don't fight against the FAA and then say that what the government is doing is okay. That is changing sides, and I will not stand for that.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
This Corona-HYSTERIA is NUTZ!!! 😖😳😳😳
You can't buy Hand Sanitizer, Vitamins or any Paper Products ANYWHERE in town!! We're blowing our noses with NEWSPAPER!
Costco is only allowing TEN People at a time enter the Store!!! Not sure what that's going to do. Most shelves are EMPTY at Wally World.
We can't buy Canned or Dry Packaged Food - it's all nearly SOLD OUT!! We're nearly out of things to eat.

Our Grandbabies have a much bigger problem. NO Formula either. 😖 Greyson is OK with a steady diet of Milk and Mac n Cheese... But it's not the healthiest.
Little Lukas is only 8 months old. He NEEDS Formula!!!

Online sellers have JACKED UP the prices of Formula, Diapers and other Baby supplies. WE CAN'T AFFORD THEM!! 😭😭😭

On top of that, my Daughter has Baby #3 coming within 2 months!! I'm scared. I also know for a FACT by sad experience, absolutely NOBODY who has extra money - WON'T help us anymore.

You know.... I don't care if I have to starve. I'm nearly used to it. My Babies CAN'T starve! 😡😭😭💔

I HOPE and Pray that your Children and Grandchildren aren't having the same problems getting food, Diapers, etc.....
I also hope that none of you become directly affected by this.
I'm praying for you man. God bless you.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I think the government making people stay at home, close businesses, and choose which businesses shall remain open, is a complete over-reach of their jurisdiction. Since we fought against the FAA for bossing the hobbyists around and making them put remote ID modules in RC aircraft, why don't we protest against the government for bossing our lives around and making us put masks on? I see no difference between the FAA and the Government, be it President Trump, or any of the governors. Let's not be switching sides between more rules and less rules. Don't fight against the FAA and then say that what the government is doing is okay. That is changing sides, and I will not stand for that.
It’s very different IMO - I’m not changing sides here. The FAA has no real evidence of us hobbyists putting other people in danger with out rc models. On the other hand, more people have died from corona than Americans died in the Vietnam war. I don’t see the government asking us to take reasonable precautions an overreach of power in our case. In California having quarantine till 2023, is not reasonable. I don’t see it and the remote ID the same thing at all.

Last edited:

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'm fine with the Government asking us to take precautions, but closing down stores and businesses that people need is completely out of their job description. If I want to have a business open, fly a plane, go on a walk, or do anything else, I have the freedom to do that. Other people can choose whether or not to buy from my business, watch me fly, or associate with me in general. It is the people's choice and not the governments which businesses survive and which ones don't. Also, If anybody wants to, read the constitution! You will learn so much if you do, and you won't have to trust different people and what they say. That's my 2 cents.

kuhlrunner

Just my two cents, if you don't agree with it you have full permission to disregard. I'm just one voice out of many others, and luckily living in America allows us to speak our minds.

I'm proud of governors for making the tough choices and deciding between the economic good of the state and the overall good of the people. I totally feel for the families who have been impacted by this, and I am proud of our government for providing unemployment benefits, etc. to keep our country thriving. Or at the very least surviving. A stay-home order until 2023 is outrageous, I haven't had time to fact check it but if it's true I'm sure the governor of California will be informed of the trends in infections, deaths, etc. and make an educated decision. This is why we elected them, because we know that we could not make those decisions ourselves and trust that they have our best interests at heart. And if they don't, I stand with Thomas Jefferson when he wrote that it is our duty to check the government so we can maintain life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Also, last I checked, the FAA and the government are the same entity, just at a different level of abstraction. The FAA should not be allowed to impose remote ID, and this is a point where we must check their breach of trust and government and make sure they stay far enough out of our business, but still close enough that they do their part in keeping us safe. I am glad we have such a wonderful democratic system in place that allows us to do this, just look at what hobbyists in other countries are dealing with.

Wow, that was unexpectedly long and detailed. Again, please understand that you have the right to disagree with me and I am not in any way offended by such. If you agree or disagree, please speak your mind so I can learn from your perspectives and better myself in this way. And yet again, I am so glad I have the freedom to even say these things. God bless America!