Kansas City area: looking for somebody with experience with 250 quadcopters (Naze32)

MattE1402

I'm in over my head.

I was dumb and tried to make my first foray into anything RC a 250 quadcopter. I was even more dumb by purchasing an "intermediate build" frame. A lack of space is definitely not making this any easier. Bottom line: I slowly get the whole thing together after many stops/starts, and immediately hit 2 major problems (that I should have caught/configured earlier). The Naze 32 board will not connect with Baseflight or Cleanflight, and I can't even get the receiver to bind to my transmitter. I need to walk away from this project and stew on my failure for a bit, but I wanted to get this post created before I did.

Priority 1 is figuring out if the Naze board and receiver are defective. I might get lucky and it be a quickfix. If not, the problem will probably be traced back to the home-made power distribution board. If that's the case, then I'll be in a start-over situation where I could easily be convinced to buy a different frame.

I'm hoping somebody on here lives somewhat near the Kansas City Metro area and would be willing to give me a hand with the troubleshooting (or offer to rebuild the whole thing). I will gladly travel to your location and compensate you for your time. Here are the parts I'm working with:

N-Armed frame by Haste RC
Sunny Sky 2204 2300kv motors
12A ZTW Spyder Opto ESCs
5V UBEC to power Naze 32 (Mullet Acro)
Spektrum DX6 transmitter and Spektrum AR610 receiver
Edit to add: Don't forget the FPV gear (LC filter, 250mw Fatshark transmitter, 25mm board cam,)

If you live in the Kansas City area and are willing to help a noob out and make a couple bucks in the process please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Hi Matt, not sure if I can help you but would be willing to give it a try. I have built the E-Hub and am getting ready to build a 250 myself.
I live in Shawnee and if you want you can private message me and maybe we can figure out what you have going on.

Mike