KickStarter Project : help fund & build AbHOBBIES zambia.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I could've spent the bucks on some kind of fancy equipment I don't really need or do something good with it. I really like your idea and your enthusiasm, so it was easy to decide to support you.

I'm not a big fan of giving money to charity that spend most of their earnings for ads and managing the funds. Also it's better to help someone do something directly than sending clothing or similar like a lot of charities do. Which is stupid anyway, because you just take the earnings from local needlewomen...

I've shared the link on Twitter, but most of my followers are not into RC, so you might not get a lot from there.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Same here, I just love it that you wish to educate people and what would be a nicer way to do it than with remote control aviation? Good luck my friend, and let us know how it goes!

Jnr Kuzi

Thanks very much for the support Guys & Balu I think one of your followers Just funded me :).

Hey Guys, i Have fairly Good news, so theys this inagural funding agency in south africa "ALV" that came across my project & Loved it. They adviced me to Apply for there 2015 seminer & support.. So I need you guys to help Me write a kickass application. Are you guys Up for the Challenge? hehe

Last edited:

Jnr Kuzi

My english is Good but Not Great, in the sense that i dont know how to write like a proffesional, so i will Post a Draft later on during the week, then you Guys will Read, edit & remove + add nessecary points & materials..hehe like you did when i sent you my Crowdfunding campaign draft. Hehe

Jnr Kuzi

Please Support Me =)

Hey Guys, i Have been an rc Hobbyist for about a Year Now, I Love this hobby too much & one thing i love more is Teaching.
I would like to keep Going forward & try to make a Living off it Later on in the Future, but as for now. I am just focused on promoting, Teaching and taking this Great hobby by taking it to the Next Level.

I Live in africa & they isnt much to do, so most of the time kids & teens resort to alcohol just to Have a Good time.
I am really against that because its slowly destroying my People.

I Have started a Small organisation that is focused on teaching & inspiring more engineers. I go around school, teaching kids & teens how planes Fly but then they dont really seem interested because frankly speaking, its not the most interesting topic if you cant see practicallities.

So I Have decided to Create an event, More a Like a Huge Build Session with a lot of individuals from different schools. i hope this will Help them gain interest & also make them Like & get into the hobby.

I Need your help though, why? Im short On funds & materials are really expensive. I cant afford alone.
I Cant manage to do this alone because i do this out of love, so Nobody here feels the Need to Help me Here.

Please Consider making a Donation & Go fund me Here : http://rkthb.co/47252 Thankyou

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Hey no problem! I had to guide students before, and review their reports (I'm doing fundamental research - I'm a scientist). I think your English is really good, the only thing is that you seem to use random capitals here and there :rolleyes:
I'm not native to English either though, I'm from The Netherlands originally. But for my job (and nowadays since I live in the US) I do know quite some English ;)

It would be helpful, when you give us something to review for you, to add a list of requirements that your proposal needs to meet. I hope the funding agency provides them for you. Also for us, as well as for yourself, put the goals of your proposal in short bullet points. This gives you a nice setup, after defining your goals you can write your proposal around that.

Makes sense?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Jnr,

I've merged your threads -- 6 different threads about the same kickstarter (much of which is duplicate as you can see from above) was getting a bit much.

Feel free to continue to raise awareness and support for whatever you do among whomever is willing, but if it doesn't warrant it's own thread, please keep it here.

Jnr Kuzi

Hey no problem! I had to guide students before, and review their reports (I'm doing fundamental research - I'm a scientist). I think your English is really good, the only thing is that you seem to use random capitals here and there

stay-fun thank you, and im working on that.. Its a bad habit i got when i started texting alot, its more of an emphasis thing.hehehe
But still, thank you very much for your support.

Jnr Kuzi

Jnr,

I've merged your threads -- 6 different threads about the same kickstarter (much of which is duplicate as you can see from above) was getting a bit much.

Feel free to continue to raise awareness and support for whatever you do among whomever is willing, but if it doesn't warrant it's own thread, please keep it here.

Thank you, i was trying to do the same, but i dont know How to do it, so i am Now Going to Rename this thread to something simple.. Thank you

Jnr Kuzi

9 DAYS LEFT

9 days left to raise $300 please standup and show a ninja some support : rkthb.co/47252

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I think part of the problem is that there's lots of scams out there, and Africa has a bad rap for being the source of many of them.

Another thing that maybe be plaguing you is the lack of a clear lesson plan. Have you done any educational programs in the past? What exactly do you intend to spend the money on and how will it further the lesson plan?

I do educational programs for my job, and they are often funded by donations. So being able to demonstrate win writing, and with pictures what you intend to do helps build confidence in your project.

Jnr Kuzi

I think part of the problem is that there's lots of scams out there, and Africa has a bad rap for being the source of many of them.

Another thing that maybe be plaguing you is the lack of a clear lesson plan. Have you done any educational programs in the past? What exactly do you intend to spend the money on and how will it further the lesson plan?

I do educational programs for my job, and they are often funded by donations. So being able to demonstrate win writing, and with pictures what you intend to do helps build confidence in your project.

Thank you for Hitting Me up & asking, Respect.
Right now i havent done any tours because i lack equipment and my my rc materials are toys.lol, still i teach a Few kids "my young brothers & his friends" in my neighbourhood about electronics. We've built a couple of boats,cars & gliders.
Right now im trying to Get into SCHOOLS because i will be able to reach larger crowds & get more interested in the Rc hobby in general.
Sorry i didnt make it clear on how i plan to will spend funds, i will update the campaign ASAP.
I want to buy cheap 3ch hobbyking or chinese Radios, Micro brushed motors, wire to make acuators & other basic stuff to get an indoor plane in the sky.
Add me on facebook or like my page.

Me : www.facebook.com/akuzike.13
www.twitter.com/Akuzikejr

Page : www.facebook.com/marzzambia

Jnr Kuzi

FUNDING Thus Far & plans for it

Most people have sent me emails asking what the money is for, then i realised i never indicated that Clearly.
well here is my plan.
I would like to Buy :
-6mm coreless brushed motors
-micro lipo/life batteries
-battery charger
-55mm plastic propellers
-depron/styrofoam sheets (i'll have these made)
-balsa/bass/bamboo wooden dowels
-more craft tools.
Thank you for the support thus far.
4days left, so please continue supporting me.