Kijiji Special Mig 15

Homey

Elite member
Hi all,

Bought this older plane brand new in the box from a nice fella in Saskatchewan. It's a Wattage Mig 15.
20190704_204140.jpg
20190704_204152.jpg
20190704_204158.jpg
20190704_210823.jpg
20190704_212313.jpg

Before he shipped it to me, he measured for me so I could order a new edf. The one it came with was an old school brushed thing that I didn't want to mess with.
I ordered a 70mm edf and some 5 gram servos.
A bit of foam removal and I got the edf to fit. Some first steps here.
On to the dark side of edf's!

Peter

Wildthing

Legendary member
Everything crammed in and balanced. I had to add some modeling clay and fishing weights under the canopy to balance.
Against what I usually do, I've made it all pretty with the decals before I maiden!

Cheers,

Peter View attachment 135614

Looks cool, what is the edf suppose to deliver and what size of battery? Make sure you do a vertical thrust test and it wants to lift out of your hands.

PS, good luck on the maiden, it looks great. :)

Homey

Elite member
Looks cool, what is the edf suppose to deliver and what size of battery? Make sure you do a vertical thrust test and it wants to lift out of your hands.

PS, good luck on the maiden, it looks great. :)

Hey Wild,

It's a 70mm, 3500 kv. I am using an 1800 3s. Supposed to deliver 1300 grams of thrust. Yes, holding upright, it wants to go. I'm thinking of launching at two thirds throttle. Thoughts?

Peter

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hey Wild,

It's a 70mm, 3500 kv. I am using an 1800 3s. Supposed to deliver 1300 grams of thrust. Yes, holding upright, it wants to go. I'm thinking of launching at two thirds throttle. Thoughts?

Peter

Well you shouldn't have any torque roll like a prop plane does so I would go atleast 75% throttle if not full. It will depend how much wing load it has also, plus how well it glides all loaded up . Either way if hand launching give it a hard chuck and a little angle up but not to much that it may stall.
Remember to keep your power up in the turns, edf's don't have that instant thrust like props do to get you out of trouble .

Homey

Elite member
Well you shouldn't have any torque roll like a prop plane does so I would go atleast 75% throttle if not full. It will depend how much wing load it has also, plus how well it glides all loaded up . Either way if hand launching give it a hard chuck and a little angle up but not to much that it may stall.
Remember to keep your power up in the turns, edf's don't have that instant thrust like props do to get you out of trouble .
Always awesome tips! Thanks man.

Peter