Kinetic 800 RC Receiver Mounting Inquiry

cwozny

Hey guys,

I've got a quick question. I purchased one of the Kinetic 800s by Hobby King and am wondering about mounting an RC receiver in it. I know to keep the antenna whiskers perpendicular to each other, but I'm wondering how you guys actually mounted it. I've got a Spektrum AR600 and it's a tough fit in the fuselage, so I'm wondering how exactly you mounted your RC receiver in the Kinetic 800.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
actually it would better to tuck the battery to the nose, and stick the RX to the rear part of the compartment.

rx + esc dont go well too close to each other.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
rx + esc dont go well too close to each other.

I believe this is more of an issue with (older) 35/72MHz systems as the RF noise that electric motors and ESC's produce is in the lower MHz then it is to 2.4GHz that we are using today. Although the newer 35/72MHz systems have better technology and may filter the noise better, I also believe that the distance between these Rx and ESC does not make a lot of difference. I don't know if the ESC having a linear or switching BEC has anything to do with it .. could be.

I echanged the standard ESC with a Plush 18A and experiance no difference in range with the standard ESC or had any glitches so far. It is just lighter and has a better throttle control.