Kinetic 800

Stefan Pavelka

I have a little problem with my kinetic.

The idiot that I am tried to connect a much more powerful battery and the result was a little "pffff" sound from within the fuselage and a grey smoke coming out ! I instantly disconnected that battery. Than I connected the regular battery for this plane and everything works fine except for the motor. I have no throttle and the servos are working.

My question is: what have I fried ? The motor or the ESC ?

Thanks!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Wow you're right! We have one in the family still :'( Lets hope they restock or update it so something like that. My son still uses his heaps!

knee deep

If you run a search they still list the airframe parts, but the replacement motor has also dropped off the list in the last few days.

It's shame really, I only discovered the FT review a couple of weeks ago. It looked a nice size and quite stable.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Wow .. that is a shame. I like tis model SO much. Much better then the MS Swifts. Fun and stable for light weight FPV. I supose the last spare wings and fuses will disapear quickly as well. Good for me that I still have 2 complete models in spares, 4 motors and 8 original props so I'm ok. Not so good for the others in need ..
Mark.

Wow .. that is a shame. I like tis model SO much. Much better then the MS Swifts. Fun and stable for light weight FPV. I supose the last spare wings and fuses will disapear quickly as well. Good for me that I still have 2 complete models in spares, 4 motors and 8 original props so I'm ok. Not so good for the others in need ..
Mark.

Dang it! I didn't get one!

Last edited:
You need some spares ?

Heck, I didn't get a Kinetic in the first place!!! I didn't have the room at the time it was out, but when I MADE room it is discontinued!!

Does anybody even know WHY it was discontinued? It seemed like their bestseller!

Hobbyking, Hobbyking, Hobbyking. . .

Where do you get your logic from?

teflyer

Full Circle
They seem sort of similar, but hasn't the Pearl Glider been sold by Hobby King for a while?
There might have been some issues with copyright since the Multiplex Merlin is apparently identical to the Kinetic.
Multiplex Merlin

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Have you guys heard of DS-ing, it is when you take a Wing normally the 1s without motor's (just glyders) and soar near a cliff where a piece sticks out and then because of the lift there it gives you a major boost causing you to go over 400km/h. You guys should do that.

Flying

I have a kinetic and I do not think you could run a 1300mah battery in it. I could just fit a 85mah 3 cell in it. Also I do not think you carry FPV gear in it. if I was you i would buy an AXN Floater jet they are just as much fun to fly as the kinetic 800 plusif you add nose weight you can fly it with it a 1300mah and fit FPV gear.

TimmyTooTall

Have you guys heard of DS-ing, it is when you take a Wing normally the 1s without motor's (just glyders) and soar near a cliff where a piece sticks out and then because of the lift there it gives you a major boost causing you to go over 400km/h. You guys should do that.

Only if they do it with the modified Gumby ...