Kinetic 800

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
I wonder how long a 85mAh 3s will last in a kinetic.

The 3S 850mah nanotech fits like a dream.

Been flying on the beach this weekend.
Even in the windy conditions the K800 flies brilliant !
With some glyding in the wind : 10 / 12 minutes

I have 4 lipos, so this is enough till my neck hurts :cool:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Oh yeah, the Kinetic sure can take wind. Winds that wanted to break my Bixler's wings were no deal for the Kinetic, even at 4200 meters altitude.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Colorex .. Wait a minute .. 4200m altitude must mean that you flew the K800 with FPV, right ?
Now I wanne know more.
What is your setup ?
Mark.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Colorex .. Wait a minute .. 4200m altitude must mean that you flew the K800 with FPV, right ?
Now I wanne know more.
What is your setup ?
Mark.

HAHA, no, not FPV. We were at 4200 meters, the airplane flew in the 4000 - 4400 meter range. Yes, below us!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
HAHA, no, not FPV

I'm betting Colorex will try it with something like this next ;)

Kinetic.JPG

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Wow, that's a super clean FPV system! Where did you find that?

Thanks man, its actually the FPV gear that came with the FatShark Predator. I manufactured the mount for it, which means the FPV gear clips on (No Screws), Stick it on the plane and off you go. I should do a video on this little fun machine. Mind you the flight time which is normally 20-30min is reduced to about 10 -15 min . . poor little Kinetics has to work hard with this on its back lol

I should do a little video on this one :)

BTW: The owner of this plane (Thomas) Doesn't like the FPV gear on his Kinetics

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Wow, that small FPV set above here looks very nice !!
I still have this little set from FPVHobby dot com :

2.2 gram video Tx
http://fpvhobby.com/93-200mw-58ghz-a-v-transmitter.html

IMG_1193.JPG

1 gram 580 TVL cam + wide angle lens
http://fpvhobby.com/63-1-gram-nano-camera-480tvl.html
http://fpvhobby.com/138-wide-angle-lens-for-nano-camera.html

It works VERY GOOD !! High quality products
I will use it on the Kinetic and make a similar setup.
It was actually bought for the mini skywalker
Then you get simething like this :

20120226074.jpg

or:

5521837137_26530ccdf2.jpg

What do you guys think ?
Mark.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Mark, Thanks a million for the like, I'll check it out now :D

My plan is to have a little bird that I can FPV with, but without the Main Receiver and mast antenna etc. So basically if I have the model in the car I can put on the Predator Goggles and fly :) I actually thought of buying 2 . . mind you Thomas and I are still waiting for HK to print off the order . . 3 days. I feel like flying to HK and pressing the print button myself :eek:

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
... I feel like flying to HK and pressing the print button myself :eek:

HAHAHA !! ;)

Check all the FPV pics in the RCG thread.
That made me order the mini SW and the FPV items at fpvhobby.

Last week I ordered an extra set with them and it is already delivered (from Istanbul).
Very good service from these guys, somethink for HK to learn from I guess.
Gonne use the extra kit on the kinetic and some small quads (HK Talon V2 and RCTimer RM450/550).

Will post build logs and pics on the flitetest forum off course !

Good thing summer arrived in the Netherlands :cool:

Mark.

con244

I have a problem maybe some of you guys can help me with. My prop broke and of course I couldn't get a replacement from HK. I decided to buy one from the LHS that is similar in dimensions. (8x6) the problem arises at the spinner end the part that has the shaft from the spinner through it is smaller than the original so it is possible for the prop blade to slide up and down along the spinner shaft. I have solved this by making a couple of tubular shims about 1.5 mm long and slipped those onto the shaft first. This has stopped the blade from sliding along the shaft and seems like a good idea. Now here's my question: should I have made 2 shims per blade and put one on each side of the blade to make the blade sit at the center of the shaft? I have not had a chance to fly the Kinetic yet and am worried that by having only 1 shim per blade there will be more vibrations from the motor because the blade could be slightly out of balance. I have attached a pic that will show what I'm on about. I have also noticed that the motor has a slight rattle when spun by hand but that disappears as it spins faster, any ideas on that as well. Could they be related? I bought this plane second hand and it seemed a bargain at the time.Sorry about the quality of the pic.

Attachments

• Image0177.jpg
    Image0177.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Burg

Never catch a multirotor

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Come over to Holland, we'll fly here together with 7 other RC-Dutch idiots here :p
Love your X525 V3 FPV vid .. just like me you are getting the hang of flying quads FPV style !
Mark.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Mark it not my x525, its a mates one . . . (He lost a TriCopter in a lake a few months back) I'm yet to have a go at quads, but I do plan on trying it soon, but I would like something beefy enough to carry my DSLR :D . . guess that makes me an idiot too lol