KISS alien problems

Squeeeps

So i recently posted a thread on my FC problems and i got that fixed (thanks to the people who helped) but no ive run into a new problem. when im in the KISS GUI and i enable motor test, the motors dont run but when i apply any sort of throttle change, the ESCs light up blue and beep but thats about it. Anyone know what is going on/how to get the motors running?
The quad is built with the Steele PDB, KISS FC v1, KISS 24A, and im usiing an Taranis X7 and X4R.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
First make sure you have the props OFF...

To do any kind of motor run up you have to have the flight pack plugged in. The 5v from usb will only power the electronics but is not enough current wise to run the motors. Just be sure when ever that quad is plugged into your computer the props are off lest ye make a mistake and the quad will jump off the desk and eat your face.

Ground face.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok just plugged mine in and tried my best to recreate the issue. The only situation I came up with for the same conditions was that after clicking on the test motors box and accepting where the motors would not spin is when I did not check the box next to each motor to activate that motor.

Did you check the tiny boxes next to the throttle bars for each motor?

I even just for giggles held the quad vertical and calibrated the acceleromters to see if it was an angle limitation and that's not it either.

Squeeeps

yes i checked all the boxes for the motors i just thought maybe i set up the arming wrong in the radio (since its hard to find a good X7 tutorial) ill have to look into thata do you think that could be the problem?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
yes i checked all the boxes for the motors i just thought maybe i set up the arming wrong in the radio (since its hard to find a good X7 tutorial) ill have to look into thata do you think that could be the problem?

There are tons of tutorials on YouTube. Perhaps not specific to the QX7 but OpenTX is OpenTX...

Squeeeps

bit of an update: i checked my radio and realized my arm set was wrong and fixed it but the ESCs are still not running to motors they just do the lighting up and beep when i change throttle positions. sometimes a motor will twitch and do a fraction of a turn

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you do the radio set up and set centers at 1500 and end points to 1000 and 2000? I will assume you are using Dshot. Just make sure you are set to Dshot 600 as thats all the V1 FC can do. That may make it act wierd if its getting the wrong numbers fed thru it to the esc's

Squeeeps

Did you do the radio set up and set centers at 1500 and end points to 1000 and 2000? I will assume you are using Dshot. Just make sure you are set to Dshot 600 as thats all the V1 FC can do. That may make it act wierd if its getting the wrong numbers fed thru it to the esc's
i just went through that all and made sure everything matches that and it does. im beginning to wonder if i messed something up on the steele PDB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you by chance have those two white plugs reversed? Pictures would make this a whole lot easier as well as screen shots of all the Gui pages and possibly your radio settings.

Do you use skype at all? I have had to walk other people thru set up step by step to see what was getting over looked. some times it took minutes other times over an hour but it is far easier real time to trouble shoot then chasing down symptoms thru text hours or days apart.