Kiss FC GUI (can not get it to connect to the FC)

Raizinmoon

Hello all

I guess i am not that bright. I have followed the instructions to get the FC to connect. I hold the boot loader button and i can see it in DfuseDemo

I then start the Crome GUI - hold the bootloader button -----------nothing

Windows 7

I have uninstalled everything - rebooted the computer - installed STDFU - installed the GUI
Connect FC holding the bootloader button - updates driver
Green led on - Solid
Blue led - off

Under USB devices it shows STM32 bootloader Category: Unknown

I am totally lost at this point as to what drivers .... steps.....

this might make me wanna drink just alittle

Thank you all for ANY help !!!!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Close the GUI.

Connect the USB to the board. Does windows 7 chime to acknowledge the connection?

If not, that's root cause. Try another cable or you have a driver out of sorts.

If Windows does chime when you connect USB, then disconnect USB. Open the GUI. Connect USB, wait for Windows to chime, then attempt to connect the GUI to the board.

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
To expand on cranials post,
With the fc disconnected from the pc:
-in device manager, find the stmmicroelectronics on the list (you may have to navigate to the "view tab" and make sure you can see "hidden items" if it isn't showing up.)
-double click on it and uninstall the driver
-hold down your boot button and plug in the fc to the pc
-A new driver will install and it should be business as usual.
If nothing happens when you connect your fc to the pc (no chiming or driver updating) you may have a problem with your boot button. (I JUST went through this, but I was running Windows 10 with the latest drivers so it may be unrelated)

Raizinmoon

Connect the USB to the board. Does windows 7 chime to acknowledge the connection? ------YES

-in device manager, find the stmmicroelectronics on the list (you may have to navigate to the "view tab" and make sure you can see "hidden items" if it isn't showing up.)
-double click on it and uninstall the driver ---- COMPLETED

-hold down your boot button and plug in the fc to the pc
-A new driver will install and it should be business as usual. ----INSTALLED

i also just realized that there are no PORT SHOWING
next to the connect button o the GUI
(for some reason i can not upload a screen shot)

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Have you activated the board yet? It will be activated once you flash the firmware on to the board. KISS FC does not come with firmware loaded on to it. Once it is activated you will see both a solid green light and a flashing blue light when not in bootloader mode. A solid green light means: you are in bootloader mode, you have not activated the board, there is a short somewhere on the board. With regards to a short, a common place is between the VIN negative pad and the little gold pad right next to it.

riversma

button came off

Have you activated the board yet? It will be activated once you flash the firmware on to the board. KISS FC does not come with firmware loaded on to it. Once it is activated you will see both a solid green light and a flashing blue light when not in bootloader mode. A solid green light means: you are in bootloader mode, you have not activated the board, there is a short somewhere on the board. With regards to a short, a common place is between the VIN negative pad and the little gold pad right next to it.

My button came off.
I tried the suggested ways of trying to short the board on the kiss website but no go.
The board is unrecognized by the pc.and just getting green light.
This button on this board needs to be address it comes off too easy !!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it and tried connecting. I loaded the Defuse demo as mentioned in the video I was following. That got the computer to "See" the board and I could log onto it using the KISS Gui. When I tried to flash and did the boot loader button the computer would stop seeing the board and not let the gui connect. I did some research and found that the virtual com port was not present. The one recommended for use with DeFuse did not work on win 7 as I read somewhere on a forum and people were having issues with it. They said to go get "VCP 1.4.0.0" driver for the com port. Once I loaded that everything worked as it was supposed to. I was able to flash the FC and then from there I could flash the KISS esc's thru the Gui as well.

NCC1701

My button came off.
I tried the suggested ways of trying to short the board on the kiss website but no go.
The board is unrecognized by the pc.and just getting green light.
This button on this board needs to be address it comes off too easy !!!

COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I ripped it off and all i get is a green light. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

busybee17

KISS FC not connecting in GUI

I'm having trouble getting my KISS FC v1.03 to connect to either web-based GUI or stand alone GUI program. Not sure why it's not connecting. I've even flashed it through DfuseDemo with both firmware update RC28 and 1.1RC6. What I get when I open the GUI is three choices COM3, COM4, KISS WIFI. The two COMs I connect and it says connected by can't go to any tabs and 'nothing'. The KISS WIFI just gets stuck on 'connecting' and I have to close out the program. PLEASE HELP! Been stuck on this all day!!:confused::mad:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you have VCP1.4.0.0 loaded on your computer? I had wonky behavior not connecting even though windows saw the FC before I loaded that driver.