KitFox Series 7 STi

Tech3811

Wow, that's a beautiful cowling. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bf109g-14

It's finally covered! I also made lighter landing gear.... the last one was too heavy, what a surprise. I also put a tailwheel on it. Handles really well on concrete, didn't really change handling on rough grass.
IMG_4968.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4969.jpg
    IMG_4969.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4970.jpg
    IMG_4970.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4972.jpg
    IMG_4972.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

bf109g-14

Got it up on Friday for a lot more flying time! Flies alright.... flaps don't work. I'm changing the airfoil and bringing the ailerons a bit closer to the wing. It has a tendency to roll before it stalls so landing is difficult.

bf109g-14

I crashed it, breaking the nose off completely. There was a lot of wind and on taxi runs it tended to lift its tail up pretty fast. So on takeoff I tried FULL up elevator. That was a mistake. Because of the wind it launched right off and nosed up hard... and then, of course, stalled and slammed into the ground.

bf109g-14

FINALLY got a good flight! With the new wing it flies well, but it's sensitive to rolling due to torque, that was the problem when I blew the nose off. I'm so happy, it was a long time coming. Took a lot more work, but the feeling of taking off was amazing, better than anything I'd ever flown before. Had to be careful on takeoff, due to the torque, but a couple washers should fix that. It really wants to pop off the ground, and I was cruising on 10% throttle. It's got so much lift. I love it. I'll have a video up in a bit. I love the plane. It's the best feeling ever to design a plane that flies well. I'm so glad because this is the first genuine success I've had with the plane.

bf109g-14

Unfortunately, we are heading to Washington for Thanksgiving, and there is no guarantee I can take the plane. So, as far as the bush plane challenge goes, this might be as far as I get. We're leaving tomorrow. But I'm going to try to bring it up, so all hope isn't lost just yet!! Cross your fingers for me!!