KK 2.1.5 setup on 450 Heli but servo's don't work HELP!

smorrison047

Hello All,

I recently set up a 450 Heli with the HobbyKing 2.1.5 Flight controller. My radio is set to airplane as it should be, the flight controller is set to singlecopter 1M 4S for (obviously) 1 motor and 4 servo's. The problem I am having is that the board arms but there is no output to the servos and therefore they don't move.

I have been building RC Aircraft for about 5 years now as time permits. I am not the most experienced or knowledgeable. I currently build Multicopters and when in the military was a Cobra Helicopter Crew Chief so I am quite familiar with the mechanical aspect of things.

I believe there is something with the settings on the board that I am missing. I did upgrade the firmware to Steveis 1.9 version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached here or at sm23@zoominternet.net

Thanks TONS!
Scott M

paulshort

Are your servos pulling their power source off the KK2? I think they may need a separate BEC to power them.

Paul

Merrixs

Hey Scott,
I am not sure why you have no responce from your servos at all, but from what I have learned a single copter is not a heli. I was wanting to try this also. I have seen someone successfully control the swash with the Tricopter setting.

smorrison047

Yeah they are, but I don't think they are getting it. They work for cam gimbals and landing gear so I dont know whats going on.

Paul-H

Don't forget on the KK2 boards the pin set M1 supplies power to the board and receiver only, any servo connected to M2 to M8 will need its own power via a BEC to work

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Don't forget on the KK2 boards the pin set M1 supplies power to the board and receiver only, any servo connected to M2 to M8 will need its own power via a BEC to work

^ This ^

You will need 5V to the middle pin of at least one of the m2-m8 ports to supply power to your servos.