KK Quadcopter board v2.1 ( Atmega 168pa) PROBLEM

colincolin30

HI thanks for looking.

Equipment;
Spektrum DX6I transmitter
Hobbyking controller board v2.1(Atmega 168pa)
DT770 motors( think that's the correct code -the blue motors the ones recommended)
ESC 30 amp Plush
Spektrum receiverAR6210

I have built the H Quad ( followed the plans to the letter) and having problems with my controller board V2.1.
I have flashed it twice and pretty sure the firmware (x copter configuration V4.7 ultimate) loaded is A OK.
I have a screen shot. I downloaded the Quadcopter controller manual and have tried the set up once again following the information.
Connected up the radio receiver and the 4 ESC's making sure the wiring is correct. Black wires to edge of board etc.

I have set up the ESC's but motors will only rotate if the YAW pot is set to 100%

When the transmitter is powered up I can run the 4 motors ( and in the correct rotation required)and able to vary the speed.
Now for the problem:

If i dip the quad the motors should go faster to compensate for the dip, however they do not. If i move the flight control stick, motors do not speed up.
I have gone into the setting "REVERSE "and tried reversing pitch, roll and yaw, still nothing so placed settings back to "n" normal.

So my thinking is that I have not armed it. So I powered up the transmitter connected flight controller and moved the throttle stick to the left ,held it there for the 5 seconds,still no result. Tried it to the right same thing.
I Have tried adjusting the trim, still not luck.
I have no reason to think there is any problem with the KK controller board. Pictures are attached.

What have I missed what am I doing wrong???????????

If you can given me some precise details to try It would be much appreciated.
regards Colin

Attachments

• flashdetails.jpg
    flashdetails.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 69
  • controller board1.jpg
    controller board1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • overview1.jpg
    overview1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • ESC-in-body.jpg
    ESC-in-body.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 57

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have set up the ESC's but motors will only rotate if the YAW pot is set to 100%

When the transmitter is powered up I can run the 4 motors ( and in the correct rotation required)and able to vary the speed.
Now for the problem:

If i dip the quad the motors should go faster to compensate for the dip, however they do not. If i move the flight control stick, motors do not speed up.

So my thinking is that I have not armed it. So I powered up the transmitter connected flight controller and moved the throttle stick to the left ,held it there for the 5 seconds,still no result. Tried it to the right same thing.
I Have tried adjusting the trim, still not luck.

When you turn on the copter, the motors should not respond. (Unless you turn the yaw pot to 100% which is for setting throttle endpoints).

Set the yaw to about 70% and turn on the copter. The motors should not respond to throttle input.

Then try to arm your copter with the stick procedure. LED should light up when it arms. If this is not working, check that your channels aren't mixed up. Try all possible corner combinations (4 x 4 = 16 possible combinations) like this:

Left stick in corner #1: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #2: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #3: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #4: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.

Please report back after you tried this.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
X-mode setup:
Motor 1: front left, CW
Motor 2: back left, CCW
Motor 3: Front right, CCW
Motor 4: Back right, CW

check if throttle is reversed ? might need to configure endpoints on yaw to 120% ?

colincolin30

Fixed

When you turn on the copter, the motors should not respond. (Unless you turn the yaw pot to 100% which is for setting throttle endpoints).

Set the yaw to about 70% and turn on the copter. The motors should not respond to throttle input.

Then try to arm your copter with the stick procedure. LED should light up when it arms. If this is not working, check that your channels aren't mixed up. Try all possible corner combinations (4 x 4 = 16 possible combinations) like this:

Left stick in corner #1: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #2: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #3: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.
Left stick in corner #4: right stick in corner #1, #2, #3, #4 for 5 seconds each.

Please report back after you tried this.

Thanks for the help guys its now working
thank you
Colin