KK2 and FPV question

happyal

Hello,

I know this is a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Does anyone use the KK2 board for their fpv flying?

I'm a fairly new pilot to multirotors and my current quad has a KK2 board on it. I'm doing fairly well flying it around but I would prefer to get something with GPS hold on it for fpv flying? Am I just being a wimp, and need more practice.

If you do use the KK2 board for fpv could you please share your settings?

steadly1

David Windestål, rcschim among others use kk2 on there fpv multirotors. i have one on my quad, its quite easy to fly without position hold if you can fly okay, if not get some practice line of sight and learn how it behaves before going fpv.

settings are different for each multirotors so best checking a tuning guide or asking someone with a similar setup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pWroCxL38

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I use the KK2 for FPV.

And just a heads-up on any tuning guides older than say. . .October-November 2012, they may be a bit confusing if you're using an updated version like v1.5 or 1.6. The GUI is slightly different with the newer versions. The ESC calibration procedure, for example, is missing. You still do it the same, but if you're following an older guide, it may throw you. There's a couple other subtle differences, but generally the same.

Last edited:

baddox

I use the KK2 for FPV.

And just a heads-up on any tuning guides older than say. . .October-November 2012, they may be a bit confusing if you're using an updated version like v1.5 or 1.6. The GUI is slightly different with the newer versions. The ESC calibration procedure, for example, is missing. You still do it the same, but if you're following an older guide, it may throw you. There's a couple other subtle differences, but generally the same.

Do you happen to know of a good up to date tuning guide?

.Joel

Hello,

I know this is a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Does anyone use the KK2 board for their fpv flying?

I'm a fairly new pilot to multirotors and my current quad has a KK2 board on it. I'm doing fairly well flying it around but I would prefer to get something with GPS hold on it for fpv flying? Am I just being a wimp, and need more practice.

If you do use the KK2 board for fpv could you please share your settings?

Just practice, you'll be fine.

happyal

Thanks for the replies guys, I've been out pretty much every night practicing with my Quad and I've got so much better.

Great fun flying one of these, and although I'm still really a beginner I can see my skills coming along, and how these can be used for fpv now. I'm still getting my fpv stuff put together, so it'll still be a while before I'm ready for fpv anyway.

Until then, more practice :)