KK2 appears to have no input from RX and wont arm

rujnf

Hello I’m hoping someone can help me with my issue.

I finally got all the parts for my quad-copter and from what I can tell I have everything set correctly and everything is bound correctly. However the KK2.0 board will not arm and the receiver test shows 0 for all values despite the TX and RX being bound and tested using the ESC and motors separately.

System specs:
KK2.0 running 1.6 ++
Afro ESC 30amp (stock firmware)
Turnigy 9xr loaded with er9X firmware set to ppm 8ch
FrSky DJT Module
V8FR-II HV receiver

Here is what I am seeing as of right now.

The RX appears to be bound correctly and does work when not running through the KK2. The KK2 however seems to have a few problems sometimes the board will say no input from cppm when turning on to fix this I usually have to turn of the transmitter off and then back on to get that message to clear. From there I cannot get the KK2 to arm and the ESC calibration test fails since the throttle has no input. Then when I go into the settings and then receiver test I see 0's down the line. Moving the sticks do not appear make any difference.

I am completely new to the hobby and i'm hoping its something simple that i'm missing somewhere but my suspicion is that its either the Firmware on the KK2 or the board itself hoping someone can assist.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
rujnf,

Would it be possible to get a pic of your setup?

From what I'm reading here, you've gotten the RX to communicate via PWM to the individual ESCs, but you plug the RX into the kk2, and configure the kk2 for CPPM (RX configured and wired for CPPM as well?). Final result is glaring on the receiver test screen -- No response for the RX to stick changes.

Sound about right? Any missing details?

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

rujnf

As near as I can tell that's about the jest of it.
One thing to mention is I haven't adjusted any settings in the TX or on the KK2.0 so everything is essentially stock setting despite the updated firmware. I will work on getting a picture of the setup. And thank you for the welcome!

rujnf

That was one of the first things I checked and then double check by referencing some build videos and looking at what I could find in the documentation. My leading theory at this point is firmware based on what I have been able to find so far.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Sorry, but I find it's best to start with the simple things, it wasn't a dig towards your expertise...
I would double check the firmware loaded correctly and if so, then go to either an alternate firmware or just setup in a conventional configuration, just to be sure the fault is firmware and not the KK2.

I'm sorta guessing here since I've never tried to run the KK2 in a ppm config...

rujnf

Oh no I didn't take offense at all honestly i'm so new to all this that I well even check again and I do appreciate all the input it all helps!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I found this for setting it up but with an EZUHF Rx rather than the Frsky but it mentions in the description it does state that it goes on the aileron channel on the board.
Again, a shot in the dark, but with nothing else to go on, it's the best I can do! :)

rujnf

I finally got it figured out. Everything set correctly however there seems to be some issue with the 1.6++ version of the firmware and not accepting signal via CPPM. Flashing back to 1.6a resolved all my issues. I thank you all for walking me through this and welcoming me!

Last edited: