KK2 board upgrade with non "HK" board, lazyzero.de

jdjuggler

I purchase a USBasp from ebay, because HK was out of stock on theirs. I realized that they are not all the same. I think I have it recognized in Windows 7, but the lazyzero.de programmer does not seem to recognize it. There are several choices for which programmer to use - I'm not sure which one to pick. I've tried several that make sense. No luck.
The only info I have is the info on the programmer - MK-USBISP-v3.00

Thanks,
JD

jdjuggler

I used a program call lib-usbwin32 inf-wizard.exe to create a driver. It seemed like the only thing that would work for me. The driver says libusb-win32 ver. 1.2.1.0, not signed.

jdjuggler

I've been messing around with this for several days. I've read other threads mentioning no success with this same board. At this point, I'm going to have to figure out how to get the same programmer as Hobby King sells or hope they get it in stock or find someone with a programming board in the Hudson Valley area of NY that can help me out. Anyone???
Thanks,
JD

jdjuggler

Man, I'm impatient!

-OR- Can someone suggest another programming board. The exact board that HK sells, seems difficult to find elsewhere. What I don't know is if the other boards listed (like the ArduinoUSBLinker) in the kkflashtool can be used for programming the KK2 or just for programming ESC's???
Thanks.

aiidanwings

Honestly, I've only flashed one board and don't really remember much about it.

There is a walk through in the articles section that may be of help.

Liemavick

Mentor
JD, I just went through the same thing with the USBasp I got from Value hobby ($4). I tried different drivers and still couldnt flash the board without errors in Lazyzero until...I turned the plug 180 degrees. Tried it and it flashed first time. Im not dense, the plug has a 10 pin connector and only 6 wires are used, common sense told me you put the 6 wires on the 6 pins which really would only go one way since the other 4 empty slots would hit the Rx pins if you turned it around. Out of desperation I turned it around and slid two of the empty slots onto reciever pins so it would fit, it worked!