kk2 Esc Calibration??

Ok just realized my kk2 board doesn't have esc calibration.
Is that something I gain when I update firmware. I know its running 1.2 got the Usbasp ordered
But I think its on backorder.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I know how its done. Seen a few videos on it. I was wondering should I have the option in my menu

The KK2 code has been in danger of out growing the memory available on the chosen chip used by the designer and as such the Instructions in the menu were dropped so more actual "working code" (read that as self level functionality and Camera Gimbal operation) could be implemented on the board.

The calibration routine still works, there is just no instruction screen or menu item.

Thurmond

Last edited:

aiidanwings

Tritium is saying there IS the option. And indeed it is there. . . there's just no mention of it in the menus since around v1.4.

I don't want to search for it, but kapteinkuk mentions the need for the room somewhere in the "The new KK2 FC, info and Q&A in first post. Read it before asking a question." thread.

I think we are using different definitions of 'menu options'. Holding two buttons down during power up doesn't count as a menu option by my definition.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I think we are using different definitions of 'menu options'. Holding two buttons down during power up doesn't count as a menu option by my definition.

You have a good point. If I were not familiar with KK2's past firmware versions, I would be completely lost as to the option or avaliable functionality of calibrating the ESCs throttle range through the KK2, since it is not actually mentioned in the menu. :eek:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
If memory serves correctly the ESC calibration is a pass through on the KK2 board. In other words there is NO action taken or recorded by the board. It is all a transmitter, receiver, ESC thing. I always use several servo "Y" adapters cables stacked so I can calibrate all my esc's to my transmitter at 1 time. Then I plug everything up to the KK2 and away we go! Holding down buttons and powering up requires more hands than I have. ;)

Repeat as required if changing Transmitter / Receiver's.

Thurmond

Last edited:

Mike93442

Hi Thurmond, Can you explain how you use the servo "Y" adapters cables to calibrate all the esc's to the transmitter at the same time? Thanks

aiidanwings

Hi Thurmond, Can you explain how you use the servo "Y" adapters cables to calibrate all the esc's to the transmitter at the same time? Thanks

After reading his method ( great idea, by the way, Thurmond) I'm thinking three Y-harnesses. One to two escs, one to connect the two ESC pairs.

I'm also going to try one at a time, just to see what happens.