kk2 low voltage alarm

jordster1998

ok so i reciently built a tricopter and planed to use this low voltage alarm but to my dissapointment i found no way of hooking it up due to buying the y harness and i was wondering if any of you know how i could hook it up either through the y harness or through the charging lead or any other way
thanks jorrdan (jordster1998):)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If you have the KK2.1.5, it has stenciled right on the board where it hooks up and pay close attention to the polarity. Put positive voltage on the ground pin and you let out the magic smoke. Most people have been clipping the ground lead on the board to prevent this happening.
To be honest, I'm not sure what part of the alarm system you are asking about. How to set it up or connect it or what? Can you provide a picture of your power system so we can see what you are working with? Even a link to what you are using would help.

jordster1998

these are the pics of the voltage hook up on the board and the y harness i use to connect my tris power up 25479.jpg tri1[1].jpg tri2[1].jpg tri3[1].jpg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
What you need is a JST to plug into the header pins on the board that carries the full battery voltage to the pins.
Battery-connector.jpg
So B3 on the board side with a B8 on the other end only using the outside pins. That will give you all 3 cells for the total battery voltage. Or, you can just add the JST wires into the distribution harness.

DDSFlyer

Yeah adding a way to send the full voltage to the KK board via JST (B3) connector will give the KK board access to the actual voltage of your battery. Then hooking up the alarm buzzer or LED warning light will let you have the indication of where you set your alarm to go off. As for the magic smoke, on the KK2.1.5 they have supposedly fixed the reverse polarity problem killing your board.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yeah adding a way to send the full voltage to the KK board via JST (B3) connector will give the KK board access to the actual voltage of your battery. Then hooking up the alarm buzzer or LED warning light will let you have the indication of where you set your alarm to go off. As for the magic smoke, on the KK2.1.5 they have supposedly fixed the reverse polarity problem killing your board.
They haven't actually fixed it, just marked it clearly on the board so you don't hook it up backwards.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
What are the pros and cons of using the KK2 LVA vs. an externa LVA?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Weight is one pro for the KK2...the board is already there. It does not however monitor individual cells...con.

DDSFlyer

Took this info from the RC Groups page, that's where I thought they fixed the problem
"The only difference between the KK2.1 and the KK2.1.5 is that the KK2.1.5 has built in polarity protection and a fused output for the included buzzer"