KK2 self level will not turn off!

Dougieee

Hello, Ive made a few posts before this and am a relatively new RC pilot. Since I have a small lawn, I don't get many chances to fly my larger planes, so I set off to make a quadcopter using the kk2 and videos on David's channel. When I was finally done, I kept crashing the quad until I realized that even though it said self level was off, whenever I held it in my hand and gently tilted it the thing would try to flip over. I knew already that I had flipped around many esc's because I don't have servo reversing on my transmitter (woo hoo cheapskates!) and I planned to learn to fly it without self level. Is there any way to force it to turn off?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Hi Dougieee!

The phenomenon you are feeling when you move the model is actually the gyro stabilization kicking in. The board did not see an input so it is attempting to compensate when an outside force is moving it around. In acro mode you want the model to stay in the position you put it. This is known as heading hold.

Now If the quad is trying to flip over you may either have the p gain way too high or the motor layout is incorrect. Looking above the model motor 1 will spin clockwise and is the front left. Motor 2 will spin anti-clockwise and is the front right. Motor 3 spins clockwise and is the back right. Motor 4 spins anti-clockwise and is the back left.

Please revisit the setup in David's KK2 board video. Namely the part about adjusting end points and sub trims. This is very very important with a KK2 board. Here is a link for you with the correct timestamp.

https://youtu.be/UZ4AaI6KPhA?t=6m

Hope you get your quad setup so you can start enjoying it!

Last edited:

CharelZa

Hi Dougieee!

The phenomenon you are feeling when you move the model is actually the gyro stabilization kicking in. The board did not see an input so it is attempting to compensate when an outside force is moving it around. In acro mode you want the model to stay in the position you put it. This is known as heading hold.

Now If the quad is trying to flip over you may either have the p gain way too high or the motor layout is incorrect. Looking above the model motor 1 will spin clockwise and is the front left. Motor 2 will spin anti-clockwise and is the front right. Motor 3 spins clockwise and is the back right. Motor 4 spins anti-clockwise and is the back left.

Please revisit the setup in David's KK2 board video. Namely the part about adjusting end points and sub trims. This is very very important with a KK2 board. Here is a link for you with the correct timestamp.

https://youtu.be/UZ4AaI6KPhA?t=6m

Hope you get your quad setup so you can start enjoying it!

I agree with what is said above.
Double check your setup and take your time to make sure it is 100%.
The KK is a super simple flight controller that will fly almost anything, as long as it is setup correctly.

Good luck