KRAKEN- Anyone built one lately?

Winglet

Just ordered a Kraken Kit and C pack. In looking around the forums, it doesn't look like anyone has posted anything about this model in several years? Just wondering if anyone has built and flown one recently? I would appreciate any suggestions and tips you can pass on. Very much looking forward to this one. I built the Kraken a few years back. Lost it on the maiden due to radio issues.:oops: It flew will for the 3 minutes if flew. Your post are appreciated.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just ordered a Kraken Kit and B pack. In looking around the forums, it doesn't look like anyone has posted anything about this model in several years? Just wondering if anyone has built and flown one recently? I would appreciate any suggestions and tips you can pass on. Very much looking forward to this one. I built the Kraken a few years back. Lost it on the maiden due to radio issues.:oops: It flew will for the 3 minutes if flew. Your post are appreciated.
I’ve been eyeing it but haven’t felt like spending $85 on the kit or spending hours and hours cutting one out. Did you get yours with the FTCA discount? Keep me posted on your build, you might tempt me enough to buy one. :LOL:

Bifi.baarlo

IMG_20210418_085916_4.jpg

Bifi.baarlo

This is my kraken, I made it a few centimeters wider from heavy European foamboard, it is a very great flyer, it can fly very slow and very fast with my setup: Racerstar 2820 1000kv motors with 80 A esc's and 1060 props on two 3000 4S lipos.

SSgt Duramax

This is my kraken, I made it a few centimeters wider from heavy European foamboard, it is a very great flyer, it can fly very slow and very fast with my setup: Racerstar 2820 1000kv motors with 80 A esc's and 1060 props on two 3000 4S lipos.
Nice looking build. Ive been thinking of upgrading from my mini arrow because, well, it is too mini.

Winglet

Finished and flew my new Kraken Speed Build Kit yesterday. No adjustments or anything needed. It flew perfect with the FT C power pack on 3s. 15 flights yesterday and another 15 today. Weather forecast is awesome for tomorrow so more flying for sure. I am REALLY enjoying this one!

Attachments

• krak.jpg
    krak.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Winglet

And the Kraken flying continues. I just can not not take this one to the field. Once I start flying it I forget about anything else. It as logged over 100 flights now with no issues. I have flown it with everything from a 1600 3s to 6000 3s batteries with other sizes in between. Doesn't seem to matter much. It's giant presents, differential thrust twin motors and gentle handling make it a lot of fun. For my next project, think I'm going to build another Kraken? This one is great fun but I'm starting to tire of all the pizza box jokes I hear due to the brown board. I won't make the next one much different except put a slick Oracal 651 Vinyl covering job on it.

Sero

Elite member
Theres one on my bench right now, I cut it with my TimSav needle cutter. It has LED strip lights in it and runs dual C-packs on 4s.

I’ve been eyeing it but haven’t felt like spending $85 on the kit or spending hours and hours cutting one out. Did you get yours with the FTCA discount? Keep me posted on your build, you might tempt me enough to buy one. :LOL:

Lots of long straight cuts, probably wouldn't take too long to do.

And the Kraken flying continues. I just can not not take this one to the field. Once I start flying it I forget about anything else. It as logged over 100 flights now with no issues. I have flown it with everything from a 1600 3s to 6000 3s batteries with other sizes in between. Doesn't seem to matter much. It's giant presents, differential thrust twin motors and gentle handling make it a lot of fun. For my next project, think I'm going to build another Kraken? This one is great fun but I'm starting to tire of all the pizza box jokes I hear due to the brown board. I won't make the next one much different except put a slick Oracal 651 Vinyl covering job on it.

Nice to hear the good review.

Why not just paint it?

Winglet

Theres one on my bench right now, I cut it with my TimSav needle cutter. It has LED strip lights in it and runs dual C-packs on 4s.

Lots of long straight cuts, probably wouldn't take too long to do.

Nice to hear the good review.

Why not just paint it?

Well, I guess I could just put some paint on it but I can see a few area where it could be improved upon. Besides, it is building season here in the Mid-west. Need a fun project. The next one is well underway and looking great. It will be covered in Vinyl paper that I discovered at Dollar Tree. It goes on exceptionally easy, is very lite and looks great!

Madspadder

Here is my Kraken. Made it for my daughter's baby reveal. Has smoke, deploys 2 streamers and dropped confetti and a parachute. Everyone loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_201755895.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210407_201635317.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Its about 6'? Wouldn't that fit in the back seat of most 4 door cars?

I mean, id check, but the only cars i have are over 40 years old so they dont count lol
ill measure my familys car and see if it fits then i might start on one i still have my dawn patrol and bpbc build