Johnny_mac

lately Ive been seeing alot of ADs for this "KuDrone" a 4k Micro Quadcopter (about the size of a Nano QX) priced at about $109(us) advertised but its more towards $200. its an IndieGoGo campaign $50,000 goal but they achieved that and are currently around $120,000. im just wondering how evryone feels about this. apparently it has a 8 min flight time, runs on a 650 mAh, shoots in 4k (turns out 15FPS), sonar hovering, GPS, more listed below. is this possible? i dont think its possible to fly 8 mins while running all these features? IDK what do you guys and gals think?

ooqhzrcptwztzeulsyk2.jpg
ggaitbmglawftq0qclab.jpg

Ocean

Yet another Kickstarter that knows nothing about quads nor the prices involved. At this scale a 13 Megapixel camera would be difficult to implement. And all of that for under $100? Impossible!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I gotta agree with Ocean on this. Sounds like a superhype oversell and the specs just do not seem reasonable. If it sounds to good to be true.......

Cheers!
LitterBug

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
8 minutes sounds more unrealistic than the cam specs. Thanks to phone chipsets the cam specs don't sound totally unrealistic...though there's no promise about how good the image quality will actually be. I'd take higher quality lower resolution video over higher resolution lower quality any day personally.

The $100 is just early bird offers which they're almost certainly taking a big hit on so they can say "$100 drone". Looks like their real pricing is more like $200. Though it's awfully odd that they currently show 43 out of 200 early bird slots claimed and 196 out of 200 regular price slots claimed...but 1713 upgrade kits and over 9000 backers?! Something doesn't add up there at all.

Still a brushed quad...so motors aren't going to last very long, with equally sized brushless quads now becoming more common it seems a little late to the party in that regard.

GPS performance in something that size probably isn't going to be spectacular.

I predict they either do a runner with the money...or...deliver a lackluster end product that doesn't meet all their claims.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think with a solid frame design and over hyped parts they are going for a one crash wonder thing so they can blame new pilots for a junk product and as Jhitesma says do a take the money n run snatch n grab.

13 megapixel at 15 fps is still gonna be like watching one of those flip pad cartoons no matter how clear or not it is. Then take into account that hardly any of their buyers will bother to break in the motors properly I will take bets that one of the first complaints will be that they get less then 3 min flight times if they fly at all out of the box.

My guess is the check mark goes in the fail box on this one. I could be wrong but that's a LOT of bold claims they make for this toy level product.

Johnny_mac

about 2 weeks ago i almost said "screw it its only $100 im gonna see if its actually worth it" then when i went on the kickstater page the price changed from $100 to almost $200! after i saw that i was instantly turned off because its advertised as "get the early bird special today $109 *posted 3 hours ago" then on the kickstater under early bird special says "backed 3 weeks ago". why advertise somthing you can no longer offer? definitely a runner with the money like jhitesma said.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I, also, have been seeing those ads EVERYWHERE on YouTube! ;) Anyway, my personal opinion about this drone is that I just don't like how it looks. If it had a different body on it, I'd be curious about buying this.

Since google added free youtube red to all access music subscriptions I haven't seen any ads on youtube. To be honest...I kind of miss some of them. But at the same time it's pretty nice not having to watch through or skip the annoying ones ;)

(And I love my google all access music, I get way more than $10 a month worth of value out of it even without the free youtube red!)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I just can't see being held hostage for money to NOT see ads. That equates to a kid getting beat up for lunch money in grade school in my head. It just justifies them to come up with another stupid idea to take even more money. Look what everyone paying taxes and insurances has done for the world of extortionism.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I just can't see being held hostage for money to NOT see ads. That equates to a kid getting beat up for lunch money in grade school in my head. It just justifies them to come up with another stupid idea to take even more money. Look what everyone paying taxes and insurances has done for the world of extortionism.

Yeah, that's why I don't have sat radio or cable/sat tv. I have zero interest in paying to watch ads.

I'd never pay for youtube red...but I love my google all access music. That's not a matter of avoiding ads, it's a matter of having access to a huge music library anytime I want. Their "I'm feeling lucky" does a great job of finding me new and interesting stuff to listen to that I never would have thought to try. I've got a big library of CD's and an even bigger library of Flac files and MP3's...but dealing with maintaining all that is a serious pain. For 95% of my listening streaming is just less of a pain and google all access is actually only $8 a month for me since I signed up for the original trial. (though we've since updated to the family plan which gives my wife access as well for less than if we both paid separately.)

I'd deal with the ads in you tube before I'd pay for red. But with it included at no extra charge with a service I'm already using...no complaints ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Right now YT is pissin me off. I have researched songs I have wanted to cover with my guitars and YT says they are allowed. The second I post them they get blocked. Then I search the song to find at least 100 or more people monetized doing the covers and not a problem in the world for them to post it. Search Ozzy Osbournes "Crazy Train" and see how many there are yet SME (Sonys Moronic Elitists) put a world wide block on mine even when I specifically post that I do not own any rights to the song nor claim any rights for it NOR is my page monetized..

I would not give them a dime for any service at this point in time commercials or not.

Johnny_mac

PREACH
e198cb344613d8e480651c94ea0d9b95_forum-webdiplomacy-preach-brotha-meme_554-444.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh man thats awesome heehe. Thanks for the giggle. I needed it after this last few weeks.

Sus12

motors

Hi There!
Does anyone know the specs of the motors used on the Kudrone. One of mine broke and they are giving me the run around about repair. I will try to repair it myself if I knew what size motors to order. Thanks