Help! Kyosho Minium, which radio protocol

maxboo

I just came across an old Kyosho Minium Cessna 210 and would like to give it a try, but I don't have the original TX available.
Do any of you know which radio protocol it uses? Could I bind this to a Spektrum, FRSky etc.?
minium.jpg

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
I just came across an old Kyosho Minium Cessna 210 and would like to give it a try, but I don't have the original TX available.
Do any of you know which radio protocol it uses? Could I bind this to a Spektrum, FRSky etc.?
View attachment 200573
Most rtf planes as far as I am aware you can't necessarily bind it to other systems but I am not qualified here by any means

TooJung2Die

Master member

I did a little searching and it looks like the Kyosho radios used a proprietary protocol called FHS or FHSS. It is 2.4 GHz but I don't think you'll find a current radio that uses those protocols. I hope I'm wrong.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Ok, not so straight forward as I was hoping. Thanks for your help anyway.
It is actually quite simple as you could purchase a multiprotocol radio for around $100 USD from banggood.

I use a Jumper t8sg Plus which supports Spektrum and the FHSS as well as most other currently used protocols, (selected at the time the model slot is configured. It uses a version o fOpen Tx called Deviation.

Have fun!

maxboo

It is actually quite simple as you could purchase a multiprotocol radio for around $100 USD from banggood.

I use a Jumper t8sg Plus which supports Spektrum and the FHSS as well as most other currently used protocols, (selected at the time the model slot is configured. It uses a version o fOpen Tx called Deviation.

Have fun!
Wow, thanks for the tip, I had no idea such a TX existed. $100 is a bit expensive compared to the plane it's supposed to controll, but I really like the idea of one TX to "rule them all".

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Wow, thanks for the tip, I had no idea such a TX existed. $100 is a bit expensive compared to the plane it's supposed to controll, but I really like the idea of one TX to "rule them all".
It does DSMX, (and is cheaper than a similar Spektrum) as well as AFHDS2, (FlySky) and the Eachine protocol for their little indoor stabilised pocket rockets.
I bought mine to make it so that I only needed a single transmitter and I can buy any BNF and know my transmitter will operate it.

For me it is going to be a great boost to what I can buy and fly as well as now being able to test fly any plane I am requested to, (I still teach flying , build for others and help newbies out with setup and test flying).

great times ahead!

have fun!

TooJung2Die

Master member
I bought mine to make it so that I only needed a single transmitter and I can buy any BNF and know my transmitter will operate it.
Since 2015 I've been waiting for a compelling enough reason to replace my trusty Flysky FS-i6 (flashed to 10 ch). I think Hai-Lee may have finally given me a reason to upgrade. 😎👍 For a $50 radio, it's hard to beat the Flysky.

Piotrsko

Master member
I think futaba license built the radio, hence the fhss protocol. At one time there were only 3 major protocols