lack of customer support / service?

aRon

i recently ordered a gremlin from FT and when i received it, they had sent the wrong camera and odd screws for the body, not a big deal cause i have extra screws. ive emailed multiple times with for the past two weeks and so far the only response ive gotten was Jen asked what the order number was and then no response after that even after i replied a few times asking for any updates. tried the message from the websites support page and nothing at all. sent another email to @support and only got a response asking what can they help me with and then nothing after that. the flight board didnt work quite right but got that figured out with the help of friends and trial and error. this has been very frustrating so far for something that was supposed to be simple and fun and have been anxious to fly my first micro . wheres any customer service?

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Sorry, but do you think that this is the right way to start with a first post?
It's not the first time such posts are placed in this Forum. What is your intention?

aRon

i dont mean to be rude but i dont know of any other way to get a hold of anyone and i would just like some customer service. i have tried may ways

aRon

looking for suggestions or answers ? this is the suggestions, complaints section right?

Last edited:

TexMechsRobot

Your post will definitely get noticed by moderators and pushed to the right people. While it doesn't account for two week's worth of waiting, this weekend is Flite Fest South so I expect they're all rather busy. Continue to exercise patience with the confidence that the Flite Test family does care about your experience and will rectify it.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
aRon,
First off I want to welcome you to the Forum.

Secondly, I'm confident this will get resolved soon and your patience is very much appreciated. Please do understand that at a timelike this in preparation for Flite Fest South things can be a bit more hectic around FTHQ. Please allow us a day or two to get you an answer of what to expect. Again, thank you for your patience already.

Lastly, now that you are on the Forum, how about introducing yourself to the community. Where in the world do you fly? How long have you been in the hobby? What are your interests?

Respectfully,
-Jim

aRon

I also hope that with this post or others posts with the same problem, that it will give FT the push in the right direction for better or more options for support. Flitetest and their website seem to be great all around as well as the amount of products they have and variety, just lacking the support options. which obviously makes me a little reluctant to buy again

aRon

Sorry this is actually the first time ive ever posted on any forum so im learning. My name is Aaron, ive been flying fpv for little less than a year now and i love it! The fpv community is awesome so far. I fly out of a small town in northern California USA, that doesnt have much of an RC hobby cumunity

Last edited:

TexMechsRobot

Welcome to the family! While your experience is the only thing you have to go on, I'll be the first to say that Flite Test has always treated me well with prompt service and quality resolutions to any problem (even those I created myself by ordering the wrong part). Some things do slip through the cracks though and it sounds like your situation may be one of those. Hopefully you'll give them another shot in the future. If nothing else, you'll find plenty of friendly support on their forums for those times when you have a question or need help with this hobby.

aRon

Yes, but for the Forum site not for the Store.
Nevertheless, welcome to the Forum.

So far i have not seen any store forum or complaint/ suggestion area for the store, only the @support.com email which im not getting any response from. And so far i have gotten info such as the big event this weekend which has helped me understand maybe where the slow communication is coming from possibly and to be patient. Also i was hoping the community or anyone could help me with answers from their experience with the store/customer service. Others have had similar problems and seem to have been helped with their problems

aRon

Welcome to the family! While your experience is the only thing you have to go on, I'll be the first to say that Flite Test has always treated me well with prompt service and quality resolutions to any problem (even those I created myself by ordering the wrong part). Some things do slip through the cracks though and it sounds like your situation may be one of those. Hopefully you'll give them another shot in the future. If nothing else, you'll find plenty of friendly support on their forums for those times when you have a question or need help with this hobby.

Thanks for all the welcomings, makes sense to get on a fpv forum of all thing because other than the community, there isnt much on how to, or what does what on BF. So far from what little attention this post has got so far, it has given me hope for TF and some idea of whats going on. Theres definitely more id want from them. and now if i have actual flight and fpv questions, i have a place to go

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
So let me chime in. One of the main people who handle the support emails is Fred AKA Flying Monkey. He's finally been able to take time of from being a park ranger and was at a couple flying events in his area over the last couple weeks. As for direct FT contact I can tell you that Jim is right when he said they have been busy with flite test south prep. I bet they have not been at FTHQ much. They have to go through all the store stuff for the event. Thats including shelving and storage for product. I have a feeling there was some repairs that needed to be done from water damage to some of it from flite fest east this year. Let them get back from florida, Fred should be back to his normal schedule and should be catching up on the emails here shortly.
And By the way Welcome to the forums.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I concur with CrashRecovery. The event down South has the team busy and Fred is in Florida.

Please keep us posted on how this turns out.

aRon

Jen has emailed me back saying they have been busy with the event and she is sorry and will get back to me on monday

rfd

AMA 51668
i can't relate to the details of this thread, but my only experience with the FT sales team so far has shown me exceptional over-and-above customer service. particularly these dayze where cyber stores have replaced brick and mortar stores, any business that doesn't take both quality control and customer service Very seriously and immediately will shortly be out of business. in the case of FT, they have my business from now on. i'd rather support those folks - both online and LHS - that have their heart and soul in the model aircraft game rather than those who are only in it for the buck$, even if their "discount" prices are lower.

gdevin71

I am curious to know if aRon got his issue resolved. I have an almost identical situation going on with my order and the @support email address.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hi there Devin.

I see that you last sent an email in on 12/27/17. That was a Saturday.

Flite Test gives most of the employees the weekend off. Today is New Years Day, so they'll likely have that off as well.

I am sure someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Ray K

Ray K
For what it's worth, I had a bit of a problem with a tx/rx recently and have to say that the FT folks treated me like gold. Jen, who is Josh Bixler's wife, took good care of my little problem as quickly as she could and I am well satisfied. I think we have to keep in mind that Flite Test is not a giant company with a multitude of employees. Utilize a small amount of patience and I think you'll find that this is most likely one of the best R/C sites going. Certainly I intend to continue using their services.

Ray

gdevin71

Saturday?

For the record 12/27/2017 was a Wednesday but for some, because of the holiday it might feel like a Saturday. I will follow up with the @support address at the end of the week if I do not heard back sooner. Thanks