Landing gear (Hex Anycopter) for camera gimble

PhotoMocha

Greetings,

I have my Anycopter kit and spares incoming for my first home build Hex Anycopter.

The Hex will be used for film footage and for that I will mount a camera gimbal under the Hex Anycopter.

My question is about the landing gear I need to build for the Hex Anycopter. Do you guys have any suggestion what to use. I saw the wooden one that Flitest uses, and you can buy a lot of different landing gears from different vendors.

Any suggestion which Landing gear would do the trick and help to flight the camera gimbal?

Thanks,

Thorsten

Last edited:

Tymtravler

This looks really good, I am working on a setup like this now using 2 re-trackable gears from HK.

I also found this cool how to build re-tracks.

Last edited:

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I bought three of these for my tricopter. The load capacity is bit of overkill. And since it's my primary (and only) multirotor at the moment, :( I want to keep it light and no-nonsense. Once I get the quad I'm working on done I'll put them on.

PhotoMocha

I bought three of these for my tricopter. The load capacity is bit of overkill. And since it's my primary (and only) multirotor at the moment, :( I want to keep it light and no-nonsense. Once I get the quad I'm working on done I'll put them on.

The Digital Servoless Retractable system are looking good. Which gear did you use with them?

Thanks,

Thorsten

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The Digital Servoless Retractable system are looking good. Which gear did you use with them?

Thanks,

Thorsten

I haven't put them on yet.

But I have ~26" of 5mm carbon fiber tube left over from another project. I'm thinking of turning my tri into quite a light show with my 1300+ lumen and laser module with 8" long retractable legs with LEDs inside ping pong ball foot nodes. :p

But all that adds up to around ~400g (bling) + 990g (tri). Maybe a bit to much for three DT750s with 1147s. :rolleyes::p