• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Landing gear on P-38?

herbertjalarcon

Greetings! I have built well over 20 ft planes, and most of them I've installed landing gear. I just finished a P-38 and I was to install landing gear, but I'm not sure of the best method...any Ideas/links that could help would be most appreciated!

The Hangar

In the “is this the right warbird for you” on the ft tech channel, they showed some clips of the P-38 with optional landing gear, so you could try something like that. It seemed to be a really good design and I hope they start selling it on the store soon.

Matagami Designs

@Splinter189 do you know if there is actually an optional landing gear kit for this? i have seen something in this video but can't find any link?

I have decided to build this as my 1st master series and have no desire to try to hand launch this beast.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
@Splinter189 do you know if there is actually an optional landing gear kit for this? i have seen something in this video but can't find any link?

I have decided to build this as my 1st master series and have no desire to try to hand launch this beast.
Hand launch for a bird this size isn't hard. The Sea Duck was similar in size, and I had NO problems hand launching that sucker. Considering that the P-38 uses the same motor packs, it should be very similar, I would think...

Matagami Designs

Hand launch for a bird this size isn't hard. The Sea Duck was similar in size, and I had NO problems hand launching that sucker. Considering that the P-38 uses the same motor packs, it should be very similar, I would think...
I believe it can be done but i want to do touch and go's. I was just checking since it has already been done and looks like a lot of fun from the video.