Landing gear on P-38?

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Greetings! I have built well over 20 ft planes, and most of them I've installed landing gear. I just finished a P-38 and I was to install landing gear, but I'm not sure of the best method...any Ideas/links that could help would be most appreciated!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
In the “is this the right warbird for you” on the ft tech channel, they showed some clips of the P-38 with optional landing gear, so you could try something like that. It seemed to be a really good design and I hope they start selling it on the store soon.

Matagami Designs

Master member
@Splinter189 do you know if there is actually an optional landing gear kit for this? i have seen something in this video but can't find any link?

I have decided to build this as my 1st master series and have no desire to try to hand launch this beast.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
@Splinter189 do you know if there is actually an optional landing gear kit for this? i have seen something in this video but can't find any link?

I have decided to build this as my 1st master series and have no desire to try to hand launch this beast.

Hand launch for a bird this size isn't hard. The Sea Duck was similar in size, and I had NO problems hand launching that sucker. Considering that the P-38 uses the same motor packs, it should be very similar, I would think...

Matagami Designs

Master member
Hand launch for a bird this size isn't hard. The Sea Duck was similar in size, and I had NO problems hand launching that sucker. Considering that the P-38 uses the same motor packs, it should be very similar, I would think...

I believe it can be done but i want to do touch and go's. I was just checking since it has already been done and looks like a lot of fun from the video.

bigdawg

greeting,
I have built so far about 5 FT planes and this is going to be my first Master Series. I am trying to find the landing gear option for the MS P-38 that is shown in the video but cant seem to find it? Any ideas?