laser convertion

skymaster

Elite member
a while back i bought a laser engraver just to fool arround see if i could cut FT plans out. It was a total fail. so my question is can i make this into a plotter

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Well if you just put a pen on where the laser should be it would work. Just use water-based ink or buy an ink dispensing pen?

Warlin

Hello, I'm planing get a cnc Laser
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393039948145

may questions is:

1. It is posible lengthen it?
2. Can I substitute the laser for a needle cutter?

I want something like Erc Timsav.

Attachments

• 20201216_042940.jpg
    20201216_042940.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Springer

Sky master, I did something similar to you; got an Eleksmaker laser engraver from banggood. Found the half watt not too useful, but then started reading up on the large format needle cutters for cutting foamie parts and was able to upsize my unit. I got aluminum extrusion from 8020, longer belts and an eleksmaker 3 axis controller board and 2.5 watt laser from banggood and 3dprinted various other parts like a Z axis enhancement , feet, belt adjusters laser mounting, and the needle cutter. The result isn't the most robust in the world, but works fine for laser and needle cutting. More info on the unit in the cutting foam with a needle thread in this forum. So don't pitch yours, enhance it!;) 20190719_165101.jpg