Laser Tag on RC airplane (EN/FR)

ioteo

Hello guys, have you checked the last video on Youtube?
There is a really cool footage from last summer during deep testing of the project!

ioteo

I love this... it. How does this work with the A.C.E. combat system?
They are completely compatible out of the box.
Of course ACE combat doesn't have several advanced features such as OSD and games modes or real-time feedback, however you can fight against each other even with different platforms.
Actually me and Alex Greve (I Be Crazy) worked together to be sure that the two systems would be compatible.
And I implemented in mine a specific mode that the user can select to make it completely compatible with his.
You can select it by simply pressing OK ( same sequence as starting a game)and select the "VAS"function mode.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
They are completely compatible out of the box.
Of course ACE combat doesn't have several advanced features such as OSD and games modes or real-time feedback, however you can fight against each other even with different platforms.
Actually me and Alex Greve (I Be Crazy) worked together to be sure that the two systems would be compatible.
And I implemented in mine a specific mode that the user can select to make it completely compatible with his.
You can select it by simply pressing OK ( same sequence as starting a game)and select the "VAS"function mode.
OK very COOL it seems one FPVCombat is better suited for FPV and the A.C.E (VAS) is geared towards LOS.
It looked as if you needed one, and the FPV combat then went on top of it to add FPV function. Cool. I see some good presents coming to some good RC friends for christmas. :)

FoamyDM

oooh, How does this FPV interface work with Quadcopter FPV interfaces - Betaflight for example.

I have a P-61 project where I want the gunner to operate the turret, and the Pilot to operate the foward cannons. Each with FPV.

ioteo

oooh, How does this FPV interface work with Quadcopter FPV interfaces - Betaflight for example.

I have a P-61 project where I want the gunner to operate the turret, and the Pilot to operate the foward cannons. Each with FPV.

Corsair714

Will this ever become available in Canada? It looks like it would currently cost 140 USD or 180 CAD for two units to ship to Canada rn. It's looking really good. It's cool to see the progress you have made.

FoamyDM

are you confused? They are separate thoughts. but my questions about the OSD interfaces between system still stands. (can they be overlayed on top of one another let's say?)

ioteo

Something wrong happened whit my previous reply to your message…
I’ll try to answer to both questions here:
1) you can connect multiple OSD in series to display both the informations from FC and FPV Combat.
Depending by the order how you wire them you will have different “layers” and one OSD might hide parts of the previous.
Examples:
cam>FC>FPV Combat> VTX the combat OSD will be shown above the FC’s OSD eventually covering parts or it.
cam>FPV Combat> FC VTX the FC’s OSD will eventually cover part of the FPV Combat system’s OSD.
2) I love the idea of making a plane with two different people involved one pilot/shooter and the second controlling the turret!
I did it a few years ago during early test with drones. The people could sit into two homemade cockpits with big screens and joystick as controllers!

ioteo

lastly, does the 433mhz TX Rx allow communications between units?

Yes it is a very simple communication since the system has been designed to be easy to use and practically plug & play…
The 433MHz modules are needed for real time feedback like the “target hit” message on the OSD, advanced damage counts and for the games where also nicknames are shared and people can simply log in by following the messages on the screen when a master setup the game!

ioteo

Will this ever become available in Canada? It looks like it would currently cost 140 USD or 180 CAD for two units to ship to Canada rn. It's looking really good. It's cool to see the progress you have made.
hello, what is wrong with Canada? Which store did you checked to get such high prices?
Feel free to directly contact me to find a solution!

Corsair714

hello, what is wrong with Canada? Which store did you checked to get such high prices?
Feel free to directly contact me to find a solution!
Like you don't seem to have anyone who sells it in Canada. I was on the video Aerial systems website. It's fifty dollars a unit which isn't too bad, but it costs forty more to ship to Canada.

ioteo

Like you don't seem to have anyone who sells it in Canada. I was on the video Aerial systems website. It's fifty dollars a unit which isn't too bad, but it costs forty more to ship to Canada.
Can you write directly to me ? Email, messenger WhatsApp or viber so we can find the best solution.
Did you checked getFPV, TBS and excelRC they also have the product on their stores…
Consider that the price barely with no profit margins for nobody. The production costs are incredibly high (especially now).
Write directly to me please, the shipping costs will be lower for sure if you agree to ship with registered post.

ioteo

That is Flippin Sweet. What combat system is being used? Is it the ace system from video aerial systems?
Actually no, the name of the system is “FPV Combat” and has several additional features than the one from VAS.
It has the OSD and advanced fights modes with real-time feedback!
Check the dedicated website for more details!
www.fpv-combat.com
You can find it on Facebook, rc groups and YouTube… FPV Combat