lasercut tricopter middle sections

Hi,

I'm selling lasercut tricopter middle sections.
It is the Optimized RCExplorer Tricopter Template (thanks Colorex and RCExplorer for this).
They are lasercut from 4mm birch plywood and weigh 29 grams for a set(top + bottom).
The flitetest logo is laser engraved, the dot is the COG.

They are €12 per set (~$15.75*).
Shipping to europe is €2,55 , shipping to the rest of the world is €2,85 (~$3.75*).

If you want one (or more) or have any questions send me a PM.
Also if you want them a bit different(for different size arms or with a different logo) send me a PM and we can make a deal.

IMG_0236.JPG
picture of the lasercut tricopter middle sections

*price in dollars will change a little because of the fluctuation in the rates, a good online converter is found at www.xe.com.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The advantage in laser-cut pieces is the accuracy - no more misaligned holes, and perfect copies of each plate.

Just a suggestion, make the logo slightly smaller.

they are the Optimized RCExplorer Tricopter Template, so they are made for 10mm arms.
If you want them for other size arms I can make them too, will take a bit longer (and cost a bit more) because they need to be designed and cut first.

UndCon

UndCon
remember - 10mm is for width only - you can use 10*15mm if you need stronger arms.

both below works...but might be harder to drill
Code:
---
| |
---

---
| |
| |
| |
---

I think you mean to the front, but yes you are right, the arms will not be at exactly 120°.
They'll probably brake more easily, but I expect they'll do fine. still waiting for the setup, so I can't test yet.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
I would need the frame-holes to match 12x12mm size as these are everywhere available in the Netherlands .. 9x9mm is too weak this tricopter.

UndCon

UndCon
I compared regular 10*10mm wood and they was heavier than the regual 10*10mm I use.
I went to my local Bauhaus and weighted them both on the same scale to have maximum accuracy

If you want me to I can buy alu in 1 or 2meter lengths, cut them up and send them to you.

PM me if you want me to go ahead with this.

//UndCon

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I would need the frame-holes to match 12x12mm size as these are everywhere available in the Netherlands .. 9x9mm is too weak this tricopter.

I'll go ahead and fix the plans for 9 mm and 12 mm - It's just a matter of rearranging the holes for the screws, not a big deal.

What format do you use for your cutter, Koekie?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The Optimized Tricopter Template has a homepage now thanks to UndCon!

www.undcon.com/colorex

From there you can download The latest version, revision 1.2, in PDF, DWG, or DXF formats.

I have made the necessary modifications to use 9 or 12 mm booms. They are available in PDF, and also inside the DXF and DWG files if you want the vector files.

Enjoy!

At school we use CorelDraw 12.
Just imported the dxf file and put the flitetest logo in them.
Thank you very much Colorex for making these files, and UndCon for hosting them.

@UndCon, thanks for the offer for cutting me alu, but I'll build a wood one first, when it flies(and I can flie with it:p) I'll try to build a carbon one.

KoekieMonster.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
At school we use CorelDraw 12.
Just imported the dxf file and put the flitetest logo in them.
Thank you very much Colorex for making these files, and UndCon for hosting them.

@UndCon, thanks for the offer for cutting me alu, but I'll build a wood one first, when it flies(and I can flie with it:p) I'll try to build a carbon one.

KoekieMonster.

I think the original template (the one David made) was designed in Corel - and that's why it's slightly off with dimensions. CAD is exact to the decimal you want.

UndCon

UndCon
If you can provide more cut items we can add a Paypal "purchase now" section to my page

KoekieMonster - send me a pm with info if you want me to add that.