Latest Creation

rksix01

Hello Everyone,

This is my latest Scratch build. I call it TwinFan and its a Foam board / Foam built plane with wing from guineepig design extended in the middle. The Fuselage is the next evolution of my foam board (blue board from home store).

Twin 70 mm edf. 4s bat 40a esc y connected. frsky gear with x8r rec. and XPD openTX Trans

I have not put flaps in but thinking it will need them bench testing it had lots of thrust.

Continuing to evolve this method. This time learned a lot about the wing joint. Years ago used fiberglass with old gas models. I used it hear as well but realized to late how much better I could have done it. But I now know and I plan to build I think one more this winter to fly soon and all that I have learned so far will be in that build. Stay tuned I will bring it over to the field and see if I can get some Video.

IMG_20200109_201806[1].jpg
tf1.jpg
60 deg this weekend so will attempt maiden with diy foam skies and hand launch.

Last edited:

mach1 rc

Master member
Hello Everyone,

This is my latest Scratch build. I call it TwinFan and its a Foam board / Foam built plane with wing from guineepig design extended in the middle. The Fuselage is the next evolution of my foam board (blue board from home store).

Twin 70 mm edf. 4s bat 40a esc y connected. frsky gear with x8r rec. and XPD openTX Trans

I have not put flaps in but thinking it will need them bench testing it had lots of thrust.

Continuing to evolve this method. This time learned a lot about the wing joint. Years ago used fiberglass with old gas models. I used it hear as well but realized to late how much better I could have done it. But I now know and I plan to build I think one more this winter to fly soon and all that I have learned so far will be in that build. Stay tuned I will bring it over to the field and see if I can get some Video.

View attachment 153932 View attachment 153934 60 deg this weekend so will attempt maiden with diy foam skies and hand launch.
That's awesome!!!!

L Edge

Master member

Flies nice, yours should too.
Watch when you land, don't get pebbles,dirt, grass, etc., going thru your EDF's.

L Edge

Master member
Hello Everyone,

View attachment 153932 View attachment 153934 60 deg this weekend so will attempt maiden with diy foam skies and hand launch.

Did it go?