Lazertoyz FT Cruiser Help

Ftmainac

Hello I revived my ft cruiser from lazer toys with the electronics included. I have finished building the cruiser but I am lost when installing the electronics. Can anyone pls help me?
These are the electronics :

(2) Emax GT2210/ 1280 KV brushless motor(No Soldering!) (30 oz of thrust each!)
(1) 2200 Mah Lipo 35C discharge 5 C charge
(4) 8x6 props
(2) Lazertoyz 20 Amp ESC and Connectors- (No Soldering !)
(4) Emax 8.5 gram Budget Servos
(2) 12" "Y" Connector
(2) 14" servo extensions
(4) EZ Justers (for EZ pushrod adjustment)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
What are you having issues with? Are your servos installed? The motors get plugged into the esc. You are going to either but or build a battery cable to go from the esc to the battery. The two "Y"s for the wing servos and to link the two ESCs. The wing servos get the other y. The elevator y gets put in the 1st channel, elevator 2nd channel, the y from the ESCs goes into 3rd channel and rudder into the 4th. Anything else?

Flynn

There was a complimentary video that covered electronics for the FT Cruiser I believe. I couldn't get the link but google, Cruiser Build Supplemental.

Last edited:

Ftmainac

What are you having issues with? Are your servos installed? The motors get plugged into the esc. You are going to either but or build a battery cable to go from the esc to the battery. The two "Y"s for the wing servos and to link the two ESCs. The wing servos get the other y. The elevator y gets put in the 1st channel, elevator 2nd channel, the y from the ESCs goes into 3rd channel and rudder into the 4th. Anything else?

I am having problems on how to connect the ESC with the motor. Because the motor has connector pins but the ESC have just cables with the ends striped

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
You will need to solder the connectors on the ESC. Those connectors are called bullet connectors and should have come with the motor.

DDSFlyer

(2) Emax GT2210/ 1280 KV brushless motor(No Soldering!) (30 oz of thrust each!)
(1) 2200 Mah Lipo 35C discharge 5 C charge
(4) 8x6 props
(2) Lazertoyz 20 Amp ESC and Connectors- (No Soldering !)
(4) Emax 8.5 gram Budget Servos
(2) 12" "Y" Connector
(2) 14" servo extensions
(4) EZ Justers (for EZ pushrod adjustment)

Interesting, it seems like the "No Soldering" description for the ESC's and Motors would make them have bullet connectors already...
As for connecting the ESC's to the Rx, make sure to disconnect one of the white leads (if I remember correctly, check the supplemental video) unless you are going for differential thrust. Other than that it's pretty straight forward

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
As for connecting the ESC's to the Rx, make sure to disconnect one of the white leads (if I remember correctly, check the supplemental video) unless you are going for differential thrust. Other than that it's pretty straight forward
The white lead (or orange on some wiring) is the signal wire and should never be disconnected. If you don't plan on differential thrust, you can Y-lead both ESC's to a single channel on the receiver. I think what Flyer was referring to is the if you have a switching BEC in your ESC's, you need to remove the red wire(same color on both types of wire colors) from one of the ESC's. Linear BEC's should be ok having both connected as they can usually play nice and work together.

Ftmainac

Ok thanks. This is the very first plane I am building. And it is sure not like making a normal plane lol