Lazortoyz "The Beef" help.... Please

Retiredsoldier919

Thanks all for taking time to respond. I've gotten the ESC & motor to work together now. Lonewolf, you were right, I had to go throttle down faster than I was. I wish the manual would have been more clear about the timing of stick movement.
Again, thanks to all for your support.

NewZee

Thanks all for taking time to respond. I've gotten the ESC & motor to work together now. Lonewolf, you were right, I had to go throttle down faster than I was. I wish the manual would have been more clear about the timing of stick movement.
Again, thanks to all for your support.

Glad to hear that you got it all working! And also happy the others on this site were able to help! it is a great place to turn to for help and support! So did you fly it yet? if so how'd it go?

StrutMonkey

check your throttle trim. turn on your tx. connect your battery. and wait for the three beeps. then start clicking down your throttle trim untill you get the rest. i had this exact problem and this is what fixed it.

cholay75

I am newbie to RC plane. My first system for the baby blender with radio link 4 channel radio. When I plug in to the esc ... 3 short beeps and like 123 tone come out. then nothing happen. Then I read this posts and I put my throttle trim to max then the motor is turn slowly. I can access into program mode. I don't know what to do. Look like my throttle range is mess. Any idea please?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Cholay,

- Unplug your ESC from the battery and remove the prop

- Power on your transmitter, center the throttle trim, and move the throttle stick to max.

- plug in your ESC -- it should chime once it ("I'm booting up"), then a second time ("Oh! the throttle is high! Do you want to calibrate me?").

- before the ESC chimes a third time move the throttle to the bottom. It should then beep the number of cells, and arm.

From there, you should be good to go -- If it's still giving you trouble, let us know what it's doing.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!

cholay75

Thank you so much Craftydan. As you mentioned I tried and once I get it. Unfortunately motor speed is too high and kept beeping. So when I try to adjust the motor speed I cant get it again. But I'll keep trying. The sound is 3 short sounds. So I should pull down the throttle stick to min after 2beep. Am i right? Sorry my lack of english and really first time into these. Thank you so much!

cholay75

If I use program card it might be easier or same thing that I might face for throttle stick problem? Now the motor is totally dead. Only 3 short beep. 123 beeps is gone. Hopefully I can fly on next weekend. But don't know how to fly yet. :D

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Cholay,

Just a double check . . . Are you sure your receiver is working correctly and bound to the transmitter? Is the ESC plugged into the throttle channel? plugged in the right way (not upside down)?

Each set of beeps should be about 1 second apart. If it's faster than that, that's a single set.

cholay75

Hi craftydan

the sound is fast. servos are working. But sometime receiver light turn of. I cutoff the cover of ESC, but cable are all nice in position. Only 3 beeps. toot toot toot fast. May be coming friday I'll replace the cable and I'll let you know. ESC plugged into the throttle channel (channel 3 in my receiver). right way. only one set of sound 3 beeps.

Retiredsoldier919

After trying program my ESC further. To set proper battery, brake etc.......
Now the ESC will not enter programming mode. All it will do is beep as armed and ready. Cannot get into programming mode no matter what I do. So I've given up on this ESC (besides it is under powered for this motor).
I bought a 30A ESC and ordered the programming card with it. It was sooooooo much easier to setup.
I don't know why Flitetest would let Lazertoyz sell a 20A ESC with the motor in "The Beef" kit. Tsk tsk tsk.

cholay75

Look like I need a New ESC! look like out of range with throttle setting, I guess. Coz I try with programming card and it is set. But throttle won't work. Have to trim max then turn slowly.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Cholay,

The ESC is behaving like the throttle endpoints haven't been calibrated yet. Try the esc cal again:

Turn the Tx on and move the throttle stick to the top,

Plug your battery into your ESC.

After the second *set* of beeps, pull the throttle stick to the bottom.

After that it should beep the number of battery cells and arm. You should have full range on your throttle stick after that.

If not, then check the rx again to be sure its bound to your tx, and double check to ensure the esc is plugged into the throttle channel on your rx.

cholay75

Hi Craftydan

Thanks for your help. My esc just armed once battery is connected. I bought new ESC from eflite and it goes well. Just finished my baby blender. But don't know i can fly it or not. Coz I never fly once and she is my first one. :D