LDS Mission = Giving away all my electronics and trinkets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alpine Ace

I'm 18 and I'm going on an LDS Mission to Capetown South Africa on October 6th! And I have to get rid of my stuff before I go! I would feel bad throwing it away or letting it sit in my basement for two years because I hardly use this stuff as it is, so I figured the good folks in the FliteTest community could make some use of this stuff.

Also, if you have no idea what an LDS Mission is, here's a link explaining it-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_(LDS_Church)

EDIT: THESE ITEMS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CLAIMED ARE THE DETAILS ARE BEING WORK OUT. IF BY SOME ACCIDENT OR MISUNDERSTANDING THERE ARE LEFTOVER ITEMS, A NEW THREAD WILL BE STARTED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!

Now back to giveaway, here are some pictures:

Main.jpg

Battery details.jpg

Big motors.jpg

ESC's.jpg

Motors.jpg

props and rx.jpg

Smaller motors.jpg

Item's include:
4x suppo motors (slightly more powerful than your average 24 gram motor)
1x Powerpack A motor, esc, and battery
1x 24 gram motor
4x Powerpack D motors
3x Powerpack D ESC's
2x Orange Rx receivers
2x micro servos (maybe 5 gram)
1x 9 gram servo
1x Swappable wood firewall
1x FT elements simple firewall
6x average motor mounts
1x flitetest lipo bag
1x jst to xt60 conversion
1x xt60 to bullet connectors conversion
1x Batbone Tricopter frame
1x tought tilt tricopter tail motor mount
A crapload of propellers (mostly 8x6)

I'm putting this on the "Free" thread because I need to get rid of this, but as I am trying to earn and save as much money as possible for my Mission and for College, I would appreciate the receiver paying for shipping. :)
Also, I'm giving it away for free, so all I ask is that you return the favor to others and pass on the good will, make somebodys day, serve someone, go out of your way to help a stranger, do SOMETHING to show you value them.
Thanks!

If you are interested please email me at kimballgoss27@gmail.com or text me at (801)-362-0305

I am grateful to Flitetest and the fun and education they've provided me, now I want to return the favor to someone else. I'm excited to go serve the people of South Africa for two years and I'm happy to be able to provide for others what my religion has provided for me.

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Take it with you and give it away to an local at your destination. Where you are the items have a small value but where you are going they would be worth a years wages.

Third world countries need anything they can get so be generous to them. Your only cost is a little of your baggage allowance.

The Alpine Ace

I thought about doing this too, but as it turns out, there were multiple factors keeping me from doing this,
the first being, most people who live there will have no need (or even want) for these things. The second being, my church discourages bringing valuable items with you to high crime area's and on airplanes. Thirdly, I only have a couple suitcases to bring and I have to fit everything I need for 2 years in them... which basically rules out anything but clothes and personal items like scriptures, booklets, paperwork, etc. :)

Axel Just

1. some things you have to try in south afrika: Biltong and Bobotie
2. I'd be happy to tacke what is left and would pay the schipping
fore the rest: have fun in the beautiful South

Aerospry

Built to Crash
Kudos to you for serving a mission! My brother is serving one right now, and I hope to do the same in three years. Great idea! Maybe I'll do the same in when I serve.
Also, from the experience my brother had, there is no way you would get those into your suitcases!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Mine was fun. Funny really... I was called to the Provo mission... 16 years ago! Tech will change. By the time you get back we will be flying off fusion reactors.

desert wings

Foam Fan
I am in Utah and would pay for and pickup your items.... if there are any left over or you do not ship to another person.
Good luck on the mission. I have a daughter serving in Sweden (near David Windestål)

dj1963

free

Hell i can use all of this I am teaching kids how to build quads and fly them at my daughters school if you can send this to me it would be awesome call or text me at (edited) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace13

I thought about doing this too, but as it turns out, there were multiple factors keeping me from doing this,
the first being, most people who live there will have no need (or even want) for these things. The second being, my church discourages bringing valuable items with you to high crime area's and on airplanes. Thirdly, I only have a couple suitcases to bring and I have to fit everything I need for 2 years in them... which basically rules out anything but clothes and personal items like scriptures, booklets, paperwork, etc. :)
Congrats Elder!! My brother just left for Brazil on his mission!!! Good luck!!

Samh

Elite member
If you have the stuff still, i would happily take them if you pay for shipping to Eugene OR. And Good luck on your mission

Status
Not open for further replies.