Learnig to fly

Hyper46havoc

Hello all first post on here been around for a while looking at all the builds. I'm from the south of England and have been flying for a couple of months now. First build was the spitfire scratch built it and crashed it a few times rebuilt it. Then got a eagletree guardian made learning to fly a lot easier as I have no one for advice in the field 2D self level mode has saved me lots of times. I then built the 540edge scratch built again still yet to fly as the spitfire is keeping me on my toes plus dont want to crash that just yet. I've been turning the guardian off as much as possible enjoying loops rolls and inverted flying untill the plane was right over my head and I got disoriented and had an impressive full speed crash nose first into the ground snapping the fuselage braking motor and flattening a 3s lipo. Anyway I'm making another spitfire with a few mods like a hatch on the top battery inside and not a swappable. Really enjoy this forum and it's full of useful information. Cheers shaun

Hyper46havoc

Screenshot_20190103-005658_Gallery.jpg

whackflyer

Master member
I myself am somewhat new to the forums and the hobby, but welcome to this wonderful community! Have fun building, crashing, and learning!!!

Edit: pretty nice lookin Spit too

Jimun

Elite member
Welcome aboard. looks like you are doing pretty good just starting out. I have only been flying for a couple of months to and enjoying it. Have fun. Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat LOL

Headbang

Master member
Looks good!
Good idea to keep the edge on the shelf, edges in general are designed to have throws and cg's that allow them to do things that look almost impossible. Once you get there you will be the one everyone stops to watch!

Keep posting, your experiences add to others experiences. Every failure posted is potentially a failure others can avoid!

Good luck and welcome to the mayham!

Hyper46havoc

Hello thank you for your welcomes. I've been rebuilding my spitfire that i snapped the fuselage on in my last crash the wings survived amazingly. I have made a new fues and added some wheels and a hatch on top to relocate battery inside for more protection and abit of a cockpit. Will hopefully treat this one better it's 2.30 am here in UK will get some paint on it tomorrow then all the finishing touches it could be a better job in places but will be flown hard Thanks for reading hyper46
20190105_014627.jpg
20190104_123125.jpg
20190104_123131.jpg
20190103_225027.jpg

Reactions: FDS

jross

Welcome! Nice looking builds. Looks like you've got that part down. I've stayed away from the rockets so far. Started with a Tiny Trainer and have had nothing but success with that. Love that little plane. Keep it simple and slow. It's been great for building my confidence and made me more relaxed on the sticks.

Hyper46havoc

Hello all pretty much finished on this want some exhausts but not sure what to go for any suggestions something I can make myself without a 3d printer and not just foam triangles thanks all
20190107_170055.jpg
20190107_170107.jpg
20190107_170124.jpg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I'm with everyone else. Great looking build and amazing attention to detail for a foamboard plane. Awesome. As to your question concerning the exhaust, perhaps small pieces of barbecue skewer ground or sanded to an angle on one end and glued along the length of a another piece with is then glued to the plane?

Hyper46havoc

I'm with everyone else. Great looking build and amazing attention to detail for a foamboard plane. Awesome. As to your question concerning the exhaust, perhaps small pieces of barbecue skewer ground or sanded to an angle on one end and glued along the length of a another piece with is then glued to the plane?
I can see what you are saying but don't think they would be big enough will keep an eye out for paper straws. Thanks for replys tho

evranch

Wow, you're not just a pilot, you're a real modeller! This is a great look for foam.

I'm excited to see your Edge as well. It's a design that really pushes the limits of foam board and I bet you will be able to make it look really good.

Hyper46havoc

Thanks all will look at hobyking my brothers got a durafly I didn't think to see if I could get them exhaust. I will get a picture of the edge it still has no paint at the moment not sure weather to paint or wrap it.