Learning To Fly On a Simulator

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
Yay, Sim flying! You should record the simulator flights on the computer....Love the tricopter chase footage! LOL @Bounced like a bouncing ball :D

Last edited:

Klonas

Nice bouncy plane you got there :D Seems like it can take a good beating.
In the simulator it seemed to be much smoother and easier to control for Josh S. than in real life.

PaulT

Mentor
Well done again. Mr. Scott did awesome in really unpredictable winds.:applause:
Great teaching video fellas!
You can also program wind gusts and customize your plane to suit in Phoenix to make it even more realistic.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Phoenix; good sim choice :thumbsup:

I saw Phoenix on the background tv last week. Does this mean we get the Icon next week?

SmoothCruizer

Josh S did awesome in the wind until he dropped the throttle on touchdown.... keep some power on always!!! My FMS T-28 is very easy too fly but 5.5 lbs can be hard to land without power

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Nice episode. Love the Supercub. Would love to see a review on the cub and maybe a highlight of some a the many mods that are applicable to this plane. I love mine with a big brushless motor, big wheels and a Flitetest style bombdrop :)

Great episode!
Phoenix is definitely my simulator of choice. No doubt in my mind it's saved me from countless real-life crashes.

I would have liked to see you guys detail how it has numerous real RC models in it and give a real short review of the product itself and a few more of it's numerous features and why it's such a huge help for beginning pilots to spend time with before flying a real model. But overall, it was still very helpful and informative and fun, as usual :)

Thanks for another great episode!
-Jeff

Cj1Corbystarlet

Josh,

You guys have a HK anemometer kicking around, My tip would be to go outside first gather some data points on wind strength, direction, gusts etc .....

Go back inside tweak the sim setting to be more than the outside world, and fly untill your comfortable,

Then go outside and fly for real, it will be easier than the sim :) .

Keep up the stick time, your doing really good !

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I think that since these sims have a link to the internet for downloading updates and doing multi-player across the internet, they need a feature that connects with the weather channel that you can plug in your zip code and replicate current wind and gust conditions on the simulator.

mwoods

Simulators are great to start out on.. Unless you have a fairly good size monitor I think you loose too much depth perception.
I had trouble trying to learn to spot land on a simulator.

Great episode...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Simulators are great to start out on.. Unless you have a fairly good size monitor I think you loose too much depth perception.
I had trouble trying to learn to spot land on a simulator.

Great episode...

I am refining my skills at landing on the runway... I have to stand at the end of the runway to do it right...