Learning to grow my own wings (Requesting advice and suggestions)

TheEntraP3

Don't Touch ANYTHING!
UPDATE!!!!!
I got an Alpha instead of a Champ, and I got a Spektrum DX6i with it, but thank you, guys, for all the advice.

Okay, so I'm admitting that I am a newbie and not a good flyer YET, but I am always learning and becoming better as a member of the R/C airplane flyer and/or builder community. So, I am currently starting to work on my skills as a newbie flyer, flying with an Alpha 450 Sport, whenever the weather is nice and the sun gods smile upon us; however, I can't fly the Alpha forever, despite it being a rather nice model as a trainer and my first R/C plane. So my question to all those people out there that know what they're talking about (unlike me) is about a good starting transmitter. I plan to save up a bit of money and build a Swapable (sorry if I spelled it wrong) or a Mini Series Flite Test aircraft from scratch and a bunch of lines telling me what to do and when to do it, and that of course means I need parts: power supply, motor, blade, servos, receiver, transmitter, etc.
So, to you wise people reading this, what is a good, cheap (has to be cheap), and easy-to-use transmitter, preferably a five- or six-channel one, that will be handy and useful for me to use for my first few upcoming R/C aircraft that require binding and/or construction along with an appropriate receiver model that will work and will be within a cheap budget?
Sincerely,
TheEntraP3
The newbie that knows a little bit about what he's talking about

Last edited:

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Welcome to the forums!

A transmitter I recommend is the FS-T6 as it is not expensive, but does have all the functions a learner needs, and the some:D
On a bit more pricey, but not so much, is the DX6i and the taranis, both are excellent

TheEntraP3

Don't Touch ANYTHING!
Thank you!
And thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into the FS-T6, as I have not heard of that brand, and also I'll make sure to look into the DX6i and taranis.

TheEntraP3

Don't Touch ANYTHING!
It looks like I will be getting the FS-T6 then if it's that cheap. It sounds like a good deal so I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for helping me out IFlyRCStuff and dharkless. One last question though: would it be a good transmitter to use for a few years or is it something I should use for my first several aircraft then buy another transmitter that has more channels and has similar capabilities?

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
The FS-T6 is great for the first few planes/years, but you will later want more channels and more functionality. Oftentimes, with channels comes functionality such as servo speed/delay, advanced mixing and such. But most 6 channel (including the fst6) have more than enough to start out.

TheEntraP3

Don't Touch ANYTHING!
I like the price of both the FS-T6 and its respective receivers. It seems like the best transmitter to start out with, and if it is going to be something I'll use for a few years, it'll definitely be worth it. Thank you guys for all the help! I'm glad you guys helped me out and got me started in the hobby on the right track.