Solved LED strip not working in betaflight

Superman11497

I recently just built a freestyle quad with a SkyStars F722 mini HD Pro flight controller. This FC has 4 designated pads for LED strips and even shows the led strips in the setup guide for the FC. However when I plug the FC into betaflight and turn on the led strip in the configurator tab then hit save and reboot the led strip tab turns off again. Running betaflight 4.4 on the FC. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this? Anyone else have any issues like this?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I recently just built a freestyle quad with a SkyStars F722 mini HD Pro flight controller. This FC has 4 designated pads for LED strips and even shows the led strips in the setup guide for the FC. However when I plug the FC into betaflight and turn on the led strip in the configurator tab then hit save and reboot the led strip tab turns off again. Running betaflight 4.4 on the FC. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this? Anyone else have any issues like this?
I’d follow this video’s process as close as possible, odds are that will fix your problem. If it doesn’t there’s some other troubleshooting we can do.

Superman11497

I’d follow this video’s process as close as possible, odds are that will fix your problem. If it doesn’t there’s some other troubleshooting we can do.
So it turns out I had the arrows on the LEDs pointing the wrong direction so I fixed that. However that doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with betaflight.

OneSapphire

It sounds like you're encountering a common issue where Betaflight might not properly save settings due to compatibility issues or glitches. I'd recommend checking for any firmware updates for your SkyStars F722 mini HD Pro flight controller or trying a different version of Betaflight, as sometimes newer or older versions might have fixes for these kinds of bugs. Also, ensure your power connections to the LED strips are secure and correctly soldered, as poor connections can cause unexpected behavior. If you're looking for more detailed guides or troubleshooting tips on LED strips and flight controllers, https://leds.to/ could be a useful resource, you can read more on their website. They offer insights and solutions that might help you solve your problem without pushing products.

Last edited: