LEDs wiring

Ludo Bali

Hi,

I have these LEDs but I don’t know how to wire them. At first I didn’t want them but after a few flights I had the same problem: orientation. So I thought they might come handy... Any help please...
EDD44DA7-1B5B-476A-8E68-9487263088B0.jpeg

Javiester

Elite member
I have solved it with fluorescent tape strips
green below, Fuchsia from the top
looks great from any angle
the leds no

Ludo Bali

Oh... ok, thanks for the tip but if there is any way to connect them it’ll be awesome for me to see the difference. My question is actually what voltage can they take.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Ludo

IanSR

Pretty sure they are designed for 3s (12v) but don't rely on my assessment as gospel, the long strips I have on my wing are the same, 3 LEDs followed by a resistor, then 3 more etc. and they run on anything from 2s to 4s without catching fire.

CapnBry

Elite member
Yeah that setup is for 12V with the 3x LEDs in series with one 100 ohm current limiting resistor. They'll light up with probably 7V and get exponentially brighter as the voltage goes higher. Even at 12.000V the LEDs are likely being overdriven slightly, so any voltage over that reduces the life of the LEDs. You can plug them directly into 3S Vbat and not do much damage to them since the time the battery is above 12V is low once the motor is pulling the battery voltage down. You'll still get hundreds of hours out of them before one fails and takes out the whole strip.

Ludo Bali

Y
Pretty sure they are designed for 3s (12v) but don't rely on my assessment as gospel, the long strips I have on my wing are the same, 3 LEDs followed by a resistor, then 3 more etc. and they run on anything from 2s to 4s without catching fire.
Yep they do run on 3s. I risked one of them but it was worth it. Thanks for the reply. :)