Lees QAV500 Video Thread

RCLEE

Got my QAV500 all set up and took it for a fly yesterday. Need to reduce the gains a bit to smooth it out but please enjoy the video.

RCLEE

I fitted my FPV gear to it now. So this is my first ever FPV flight. It went quite well, just need some gain adjustments.
Enjoy

RCLEE

Here is my second attempt at FPV videoing. Still some wobbles but getting closer.
Hope you enjoy. Any tips or advice is welcome.

PaulT

Mentor
Tips/advise? No, I think you have it perfected already.
Time for me to get a real camera now, I guess.

Mmmmm. Quad copter...mmmmmm

RCLEE

Thanks Paul,
Glad to have the comments, even if you can't help. If you need any help just shout.
All the best Lee

Is it just you and me on here LOL :D

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
i need tips on FPV equipment; my last purchase I spent 100 dollars on hobbyking crap that didnt worked out .....

congratz on the flying !! you should try more sideways takes.

RCLEE

Thanks,
I bought the basic set up for FPV just to see if i liked it. And i do.
My 5.8Ghz system is from BEVRC. Its the same as the one from Hobby King. I also bought some cloverleaf antennas from them. The most money i spent was on my goggles as i feel they will be with me for a long time. I bought the Fatshark Dominators. I was lucky enough to find a place here in Spain that sells them for the same as HK.

RCLEE

I guess i was lucky. Didn't have to touch a thing. plugged it in and voila... perfect picture, and with the clover antennas clear to as far as i dare go.
Did you try every combo of the switches to see if that works? I hate to hear that you got a bad one.

RCLEE

Hi Colorex,
I absolutely love this quad. Its solid. Video is smooth and jello free even on 1080 setting. I did crash it once, and pretty hard too. Only broke a vibration mount, but the V2 mounts are much stronger.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi Colorex,
I absolutely love this quad. Its solid. Video is smooth and jello free even on 1080 setting. I did crash it once, and pretty hard too. Only broke a vibration mount, but the V2 mounts are much stronger.

Thanks, Lee.

I really like the design on it. The only reason I would not buy this quad is the lack of a gimbal. For my needs I would really want to have one. And also the price is out of my range!

RCLEE

Heres the latest video. Its a compilation of the first 3 months flying FPV. Hope you enjoy it.
Please comment.
I tried to put this video in as a article ( Just for fun) but when i press submit or preview buttons, nothing happens??