Legal process to register drone

Galactic dragon

I’m not really offering a service but asking about how I can legally register a drone in the UK as a product. Are there any safety tests I need to take. If this is off topic just tell me and I will take it down if I can.

Thanks in advance,
Galactic

Keno

I believe your title does not really address your question. You could change it by edit ie. Legally how do I register a drone in the UK? Probably be better it that was shorten. For what is worth only a suggestion.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not sure about the UK process but Ill bet Caroline is right up to speed.

I saw the title and was a bit confused as the words cool and legal in regards to our hobby can not exist in the same space or time continueum.

Threw me off and I had to look. 😁

Galactic dragon

Sorry for the title everyone. I wasn’t in a formal mood so I just threw out what I had in mind. What I’m trying to ask is if I want to officially register my drone as a product (to sell it on an online store) do I have to go through any process so that the government makes sure that the drone is safe. I don’t want to get sued because some random 3 year old decided it was a good idea to fly his drone into another persons face.

Galactic dragon

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I can imagine it would have MANY requirements to call a product your own.

Even after all that time, effort, and money you will still face what every other drone manufacturer does.

A week after you release your product Chinese manufacturerers will have bought one, reverse engineered it, and have their own knock offs on the market at half the price.

Galactic dragon

I can imagine it would have MANY requirements to call a product your own.

Even after all that time, effort, and money you will still face what every other drone manufacturer does.

A week after you release your product Chinese manufacturerers will have bought one, reverse engineered it, and have their own knock offs on the market at half the price.
What you’re saying is very true and I will take all that you have said into account
Ahhh! if you want to be able to sell it as a 'toy' it has to carry a CE mark... See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
Not at all sure about models etc. I would guess that it will need to be classified as an adult only product and age restricted to not have to carry the CE mark.
Again I thank you for the very detailed and helpful reply

IanSR

Ahhh! if you want to be able to sell it as a 'toy' it has to carry a CE mark... See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
Not at all sure about models etc. I would guess that it will need to be classified as an adult only product and age restricted to not have to carry the CE mark.

Chinese print CE marks on everything they produce, doesn't mean it complies with any CE certification.

As for registering, it'll be similar to the American system, pilot takes online exam and registers and places registration number onto model. This has so many holes in for exploitation and abuse a Swiss cheese would be jealous, nothing to stop you registering in someone elses name or putting a fake registration number on something mocked up on the PC, I doubt PC Incompetent will even know what to do with the registration cards to verify they are legitimate other than to look at it, since this is all going to be done electronically and all.

When my neighbour got busted for driving without a seatbelt, she did the online course and exam to avoid the points, but she didn't have a PC or internet connection, so used my laptop, utterly pointless exam when she could just open up a second tab and Google the answer or ask another person in the room for help.

But but this will ensure pilots know the rules and don't fly near airports. I can see some smart kid being busted for taking the exam 549 times from the same IP and charging a pound a time eventually lol