• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved [Lemon Plane] Eflight P-51D 1.2mm Mustang w/ DX6E transmitter - SAFE not working

#1
Hi, I am new to this hobby but not so new that I have absolutely no idea how things work. I take a lot of time and effort into learning something before I go and do it. But for some reason I am having trouble getting the gear and flaps to work on my E flight mustang. I've gone through the set up and everything along with binding it multiple times, and still nothing. Along with the SAFE feature not working even though I binded this plane using the safe bind method. What am I doing wrong?
 

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
#2
What happens when you try to use the flaps or gear? Check to make sure that you are using the right switch and check the aircraft type in your tx to make sure that it is ailerons and flaps instead of just ailerons.
Edit: it should be set to 1 aileron and 1 flap
 
Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
#3
Also, the eflite P-51 isn’t a trainer plane. It will be harder to fly than most trainers and if you crash it there could be more damage or it could be harder to fix/ more expensive to fix.
 
#4
to answer your first question, nothing happens. They do however make noise so I know its not a faulty servo. Also I will but I don't think i missed anything. Also don't worry I am fully aware. I have flown trainers before and I dont plan on making this plane go fast any time soon.
 

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
#5
to answer your first question, nothing happens. They do however make noise so I know its not a faulty servo. Also I will but I don't think i missed anything. Also don't worry I am fully aware. I have flown trainers before and I dont plan on making this plane go fast any time soon.
The manual says that you have to go to servo setup and reverse the gear channel, so try that if you haven’t (the manual doesn’t have instructions for the dx6e, so these are for the dx6).
 
#11
Hmm I don't know a whole lot about spektrum or safe, but maybe start by trying to eliminate variables. Have you tried binding without safe? And seeing if it works.
 
#13
Hmm I don't know a whole lot about spektrum or safe, but maybe start by trying to eliminate variables. Have you tried binding without safe? And seeing if it works.
no beans, still nothing. Is is possible i got the Y connectors messed up? I checked everything and everything looks like it's plugged in where it needs to be. Other than that I might have just gotten a defective plane or transmitter.
 

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
#16
If everything else works, then it shouldn’t be low battery. Check to make sure that there is no binding in the flaps or landing gear. Also, you probably already did this, but you hooked up the control rods for the flaps right?
 
#17
If everything else works, then it shouldn’t be low battery. Check to make sure that there is no binding in the flaps or landing gear. Also, you probably already did this, but you hooked up the control rods for the flaps right?
Yes, control horns are in place and ready. Also I will see if i can do this whole thing one more time. I'm going to delete the model i have in my dx3e and also resetup my plane. I will come back with results when im done.
 
#18
The manual talks about setting up proper rates on the flap switches, and reversing the switch. Make you sure you don't forget that part. Good luck!!
 

Indy durtdigger

Well-known member
#19
I had almost the exact thing happen with a brand new Corsair I just got last week with the throttle and elevator. I knew my TX was okay so I went for the plane. After diagnosing or moreover swapping out components with known good ones I discovered the the AR636 receiver was at fault. I spent a couple days trying to get it to work and finally took it out and put in an Admiral RX600sp, programmed it and all is working as it should.
 
#20
I had almost the exact thing happen with a brand new Corsair I just got last week with the throttle and elevator. I knew my TX was okay so I went for the plane. After diagnosing or moreover swapping out components with known good ones I discovered the the AR636 receiver was at fault. I spent a couple days trying to get it to work and finally took it out and put in an Admiral RX600sp, programmed it and all is working as it should.
holy crap, i havent done any trouble shooting yet, but when I do i'll make sure to use the receiver I got with my transmitter as a last resort.