Solved [Lemon Plane] Eflight P-51D 1.2mm Mustang w/ DX6E transmitter - SAFE not working

SauSAliens

Huh? A DX6e should be able to handle the plane you have with switches to spare. Where did the need for a Y connector come from?
Is there a way to set both gear and flaps to one channel without using a y connector? I was under the impression you had to have an unused channel for the safe function. I was also under the assumption binding via safe procedure would auto enable safe without using a switch.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
A DX6e has 7 programmable switches on it Four of them 2 position for on off functions like gear and SAFE mode, and three 3 position for stuff like flaps and rates. Unless I missed something in previous posts you should only need 4 of them maybe 5. Gear, flaps, low and high rates, and safe on and off, and throttle cut if you wanna get fancy.

SauSAliens

A DX6e has 7 programmable switches on it Four of them 2 position for on off functions like gear and SAFE mode, and three 3 position for stuff like flaps and rates. Unless I missed something in previous posts you should only need 4 of them maybe 5. Gear, flaps, low and high rates, and safe on and off, and throttle cut if you wanna get fancy.
You hit the nail on that one down to the throttle cut. How come I am unable to put safe select on one of those switches then?

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Have you checked to see if the free switch has the inhibit function turned off? The list for those is under digital switches when you scroll down the main menu list. If you haven't hit up the YouTube yet Horizon Hobby and The RC Air Marshall both have a series if vids on this RX and the Air Marshall has 20 or more in depth vids on it. This is one I watched last week when trying to figure out what was going on with mine.

SauSAliens

Have you checked to see if the free switch has the inhibit function turned off? The list for those is under digital switches when you scroll down the main menu list. If you haven't hit up the YouTube yet Horizon Hobby and The RC Air Marshall both have a series if vids on this RX and the Air Marshall has 20 or more in depth vids on it. This is one I watched last week when trying to figure out what was going on with mine.
When ever I bind doing the safe procedure it doesn't even cycle through the control surfaces a second time. At this point im getting mildly pissed off.

[edit] not at you, the situation

Last edited:

SauSAliens

At this point the receiver is most likely busted. So much for a seamless experience. Now I have to ship a whole plane back.

SauSAliens

Here's another problem. The prop isn't strait. It's all pointing right and up. The person who made this plane really just * up. I'm not calling Horizon Hobby, I'm just going to sent it back and get a refund. In the mean time I have enough money to get another while I'm waiting for my refund. Jesus Christ what a roller coaster ride.

[edit] For those of you wondering where I bought this lemon, here.
This is the first and last time im buying hobby related stuff from amazon.

Last edited by a moderator: