Lemon receiver exposed to the elements

basslord1124

Master member
So I have a Lemon DSMX receiver that has been exposed to all sorts of weather...rain, snow, sun, etc. It probably had power for a little while until the battery died. When I got it, the battery was definitely dead and it had been a few months. The plane was stuck up in a tree and the only thing protecting the receiver was some large heat shrink tubing around the receiver (you know how Lemons are), and a piece of tape securing the receiver. The plane was very open too.

I haven't powered it on yet to see what will happen, but I guess my question is...once I do power it on and if it comes on, are there are any obvious signs that would point me in the direction of "I wouldn't trust that receiver". Aside from the obvious results of just not powering on OR magic smoke. If all goes well, I may see if I could reuse it in another model OR should I just assume the worst and trash it/keep it in the hangar just for testing.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I have a Lemon receiver that spent a summer in a tree and went right into another plane when it finally came down and is still flying a year later. As long as it powers up and binds it should be fully good to go!

Arcfyre

Elite member
So I have a Lemon DSMX receiver that has been exposed to all sorts of weather...rain, snow, sun, etc. It probably had power for a little while until the battery died. When I got it, the battery was definitely dead and it had been a few months. The plane was stuck up in a tree and the only thing protecting the receiver was some large heat shrink tubing around the receiver (you know how Lemons are), and a piece of tape securing the receiver. The plane was very open too.

I haven't powered it on yet to see what will happen, but I guess my question is...once I do power it on and if it comes on, are there are any obvious signs that would point me in the direction of "I wouldn't trust that receiver". Aside from the obvious results of just not powering on OR magic smoke. If all goes well, I may see if I could reuse it in another model OR should I just assume the worst and trash it/keep it in the hangar just for testing.

Where'd you find it? Because I lost a wing with a lemon in it. SE Michigan...

basslord1124

Master member
All right thanks guys! I'll probably fire it up here soon and see how it does, and even check my other electronics.