Lemon RX DSMX Stabilized

fluffpilot

Just looking for feedback here.
Has anyone fooled with the Lemon RX stabilized receivers?
https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=151&search=lm0044
I'm gonna be building one of the FlyZone "Island Wings" de Havilland Beavers here in a few weeks and wanted to try out something stabilized to help fight wing-overs and such when I've got the floats on it. I thought it'd be a good fit since I only run Spektrum TX to begin with.
Thoughts?

chrisvdv

Using a Lemon Rx Stabilizer PLUS 7-Ch. (Top Pin) DSMP (DSMX /DSM2 Compatible) With Diversity Antenna (LM0043D) in a FT Legacy. Works a treat.

BUT download the instruction manual an follow to the letter. Also read up on the posts in the RADIO thread of RC Groups. Realize that there are two distinct versions of the Lemon Stabs.

fluffpilot

The one headed this way is the same as what you've got except it's side pin. Probably should've waited till after I had the plane in my hands to determine if top or side would be better for the application, but we'll see I guess. I've already got the instruction PDFs down and yeah I think there's gonna be a LOT of bench testing before I put it in the air.

I didn't know about the different versions. Anything drastic to expect or is it just like, an iteration?

chrisvdv

One of the major differences is that stabilizer PLUS uses total of 6-axis, both accelerometer and gyroscope to obtain the plane's orientation while stabilizer uses 3-axis based gyroscope parameters (rate control) to stabilizes the plane.

Also a little bit more technical to configure. Provides Auto-level mode that can be selected or deselect with a switch, can be installed upright,inverted or on edge. Best results if installed on CoG and with front of RX towards line of flight. (NOT THE PIN SIDE)

If you install it EXACTLY as directed it is a walk in the park and work as advertised. Most problems begin with pilots trying setups that is not supported and/or not supported the way they want to /configure it. Preferably start with a new model setup in your transmitter.

fluffpilot

Alright so that's about what I was expecting. I went for the PLUS model for that reason. I'm gonna have the fancy bits on a switch like most of my E-Flite stuff so it should be alright. Basically if I do it right a good high-wing plane with a little mass to it should fly about like a trainer with the gyros active, which is what I'm after trying to do some scale flying with the DHC-2.

Bricks

Master member
I had used one of the first lemons 3 axis stabilizers not ever fooling with a stabilizer before my first flight lasted about 2 seconds s, not enough bench testing that was for sure. Not being smart enough at that time I tried a second flight same results as I thought I caused the problem with my flying. LOL I had both the elevator and ailerons reacting backwords stick movements were correct..

fluffpilot

Not being smart enough at that time I tried a second flight same results as I thought I caused the problem with my flying
LOL don't feel bad I did the same thing three times with my Storch before I figured out the thrust angle was backwards! Mashed it all up in the process, too.

moret

LOL don't feel bad I did the same thing three times with my Storch before I figured out the thrust angle was backwards! Mashed it all up in the process, too.

Also LOL, Check 5 times you have the dip switched set so the controls move in the correct direction by the gyros before you go to the field! Then check it 5 times again after you get there and before you fly it the first time. I bet you can not keep the plane in the air for half a battery if they are wrong. I never made a circle. Usually the plane just rolled over and crashed.

Set your plane up, hold it level and throttle up halfway then back to nothing. Roll the plane moving the right wing up. The right aileron should move up ( and left down ) to roll the plane back level. Then pitch the nose down, the elevator should move up trying to bring the plane level.

I have 4 of the admiral receivers. They are just a motionrc rebranded lemon

Arcfyre

Elite member
I use exclusively LemonRX receivers. I have several 3 axis and one of the 6 axis "plus" units, as well as several non-stabilized versions.

The stabilizer plus is an excellent product. I use it in my most expensive and high performance model.

speedy7385

The Stabilizer Plus works great. In Stabilizer mode, when in trouble and lost orientation. Just let go of the control sticks and the plane will right itself (auto leveling). I had it setup on the left side 3 position switch, normal, gyro and stabilizer. On the right side I use a momentary switch and set it as a panic switch (activate the stabilizer mode) when flying in normal mode.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have one of these in a bin somewhere.... Sounds like I should throw it on the FT trainer since I stink at LOS. LOL

Cheers!
LitterBug

M

MCNC

The Stabilizer Plus works great. In Stabilizer mode, when in trouble and lost orientation. Just let go of the control sticks and the plane will right itself (auto leveling). I had it setup on the left side 3 position switch, normal, gyro and stabilizer. On the right side I use a momentary switch and set it as a panic switch (activate the stabilizer mode) when flying in normal mode.
Will the stabilizer plus (7) work on a dx6 ?

speedy7385

I had use it and setup on the Dx6i before using gear and flap switch together. Sorry I don't know about the Dx6. Dx6i doesn't has 3 position switches, so had to use 2 mixes to program the gear and flap switches to make use of all 3 function. Normal, Gyro and Stabilization.

Carteraveri

Hello I have the lemon stab plus installed on a glow engine plane with retracts. No flaps. Can someone tell me how to program a spektrum 8 gen 2 transmitter for this receiver? I want the self level to work.

chrisvdv

In the "Lemon RX Stabilizer PLUS" essential instructions page 4 there is a picture with all the pin locations and in that instructions it supply all the detail needed for setup in all the DSMX 2.4 transmitters.
What precisely do you want to program other than what is in the instruction reference? What experience do you have with RC planes?.

It is of great importance to understand what you are dealing with and what the Stabilizer Plus can and can't do.

M

MCNC

I have read a little about this device, I will admit due to some of the technical language have not done alot of research. I am interested in using it as a panic response device programed to one of my toggles on a dx6. It seems to fit that criteria but I am not sure. Is that a reasonable expectation? To help save me from the edge of the abyss?

Carteraveri

Just looking for feedback here.
Has anyone fooled with the Lemon RX stabilized receivers?
https://www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=151&search=lm0044
I'm gonna be building one of the FlyZone "Island Wings" de Havilland Beavers here in a few weeks and wanted to try out something stabilized to help fight wing-overs and such when I've got the floats on it. I thought it'd be a good fit since I only run Spektrum TX to begin with.
Thoughts?