Lemon RX receivers

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I have one that I use in my Strix Nano Goblin, and it has been absolutely rock solid - no problems whatsoever with range or cutting out. I spent a few $ extra for the diversity version, and am completely happy with it.

That said...

I tried to order a few more back at the end of March, direct from lemon-rx.com. $35 for 2 diversity receivers, and that price included shipping to me on the West Coast. They never got to me as of last week Friday, and I finally requested a cancellation. Now, I'm not upset with Lemon themselves; they were VERY honest and upfront about shipping delays due to COVID-19 on their webpage when I first ordered it. The big problem is that their shipping center is in China, and as you can imagine, pretty much everything is on severe lockdown for ANYTHING going out right now. When I inquired twice about it, both times I was told of shipping delays for getting anything out of the country and things were backed up. They did offer to refund my money back to me (and I took them up on it as of last week Fri, and saw it returned as of Wed.), so they have been on the up and up.

I bring all of this up because it means that if any company has them listed as on back order or on a "shipping delay", you're going to be waiting quite a bit longer to get them, because likely they're delayed by the shipping as well.

I plan to re-order the receivers at a later time, when all of the COVID craziness calms down and the shipping times go back to normal, but just be aware that their website lists shipping delays, right on the homepage, and it may be MONTHS before you get your parts. If you need something sooner, you may be better off buying a Spektrum receiver from your local hobby shop. I know that's not ideal in the way of cost, but sometimes you pay the price to get going.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I order mine from a UK seller on eBay and delivery has always been under a week. Generally, when I can, I'll buy from a UK or European reseller.

sprzout

Mentor
I order mine from a UK seller on eBay and delivery has always been under a week. Generally, when I can, I'll buy from a UK or European reseller.

That's a problem for me in the US - nobody here Stateside seems to have them in stock, and i'm not willing to pay shipping and duty fees that are as much or more than what I'd pay for the receivers themselves. :( If the receiver, with shipping, is as much or more than the Spektrum branded one, I'll go to my LHS and buy the actual Spektrum version instead...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
That's a problem for me in the US - nobody here Stateside seems to have them in stock, and i'm not willing to pay shipping and duty fees that are as much or more than what I'd pay for the receivers themselves. :( If the receiver, with shipping, is as much or more than the Spektrum branded one, I'll go to my LHS and buy the actual Spektrum version instead...
Perfectly reasonable!!!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
BuddyRC stocks Lemon and usually has a good supply https://www.buddyrc.com/collections/receiver

LB

sprzout

Mentor
BuddyRC stocks Lemon and usually has a good supply https://www.buddyrc.com/collections/receiver

LB

Looks like they got them back in stock! I had looked at them back in April when I was needing two for some new planes I'd built, but they were fresh out, so I didn't bother checking them again. That said, their cost is within a dollar of what I'd have paid for it direct from Lemon, so it looks like I'll be placing the order shortly. :) Thanks!

Captain Video

Litterbug:
Did you know that both Readymade RC and Budy RC are both based in Columbus, Ohio. You can order stuff and pick it up in the afternoon. No shipping cost but there is Tax though.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Litterbug:
Did you know that both Readymade RC and Budy RC are both based in Columbus, Ohio. You can order stuff and pick it up in the afternoon. No shipping cost but there is Tax though.

Yup. I've been supporting both local shops for quite some time. Their product lines compliment each other. BuddyRC currently does not offer pickup. They are only 3 miles from my house so it was always way too convenient to stop on the way home from work.

witz.dan

Hi All,

I have a Lemon RX in a FT Tiny trainer and I am having intermittent issues. Looses signal, fail safe kicks in and I have no throttle. I have the antennas at 90 deg to one another all servo wires taped and out of the way.. I'm at a loss. I want to love these but my frustration level is at it's limit. I bought a satellite to connect to it but there really isn't enough room in the tiny trainer. Any thoughts? on what else to try?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Are you sure the problem isn't your transmitter? When I started having intermittent issues, it ended up being the coax on the tx antenna was broken at the point where it bends/pivots on my DX8. Have you tried rebinding? Make sure it binds up in DSMX mode, not DSM2.

Bricks

Master member
Hi All,

I have a Lemon RX in a FT Tiny trainer and I am having intermittent issues. Looses signal, fail safe kicks in and I have no throttle. I have the antennas at 90 deg to one another all servo wires taped and out of the way.. I'm at a loss. I want to love these but my frustration level is at it's limit. I bought a satellite to connect to it but there really isn't enough room in the tiny trainer. Any thoughts? on what else to try?

Do you have the rest of the controls ie elevator rudder etc?

witz.dan

Are you sure the problem isn't your transmitter? When I started having intermittent issues, it ended up being the coax on the tx antenna was broken at the point where it bends/pivots on my DX8. Have you tried rebinding? Make sure it binds up in DSMX mode, not DSM2.
Hi LitterBug,

Transmitter is only 2 months old DX6 no pivot point on the antenna. Is bound in DSMX and I don't have any issues with my other plane that is running a AR631 reciever

witz.dan

Do you have the rest of the controls ie elevator rudder etc?

It seems that I loose all controls at first but then I do regain ailerons, elevator, and rubber before throttle is returned. Though hard to say for sure that I have lost other controls as it takes me a moment for my brain to realize that the plane is not doing what I am telling it.

quorneng

Master member
It certainly sounds like it is loosing signal. When you do loose signal the servos will come back almost immediately but the ESC takes another second or two to 'arm' and bring back the motor. This exactly what you are describing.
If the receiver has two aerials make sure they are aligned at 90 degrees to each other and preferably not close to anything that is metal and electronic like the motor or ESC. A 2.4 receiver aerial can easily get 'masked' by anything metal directly between the aerial and the TX.