Lemon RX receivers

witz.dan

It certainly sounds like it is loosing signal. When you do loose signal the servos will come back almost immediately but the ESC takes another second or two to 'arm' and bring back the motor. This exactly what you are describing.
If the receiver has two aerials make sure they are aligned at 90 degrees to each other and preferably not close to anything that is metal and electronic like the motor or ESC. A 2.4 receiver aerial can easily get 'masked' by anything metal directly between the aerial and the TX.

Yes that is my thinking too. It’s a FT tiny trainer so no metal and no carbon. I have the antenna at 90 with one coming straight down and out of the fuselage. I previously had the other antenna point to the rear of the plane, but that placed it between the servos. Thought that might be the issue. So I pointed it toward the front of plane but that of course puts it close to the esc and motor. So feel I can’t win with either setup. I think I’m going to move it to another plane and see how it does. Unless someone has something else to try? The frustrating part is the inconsistency of the issue. Very hard to troubleshoot when you can’t reproduce the failure.

Bricks

Master member
My first step would be to take the plane have everything on hold the plane and open the throttle wide open and run the servos ( help may be needed ) for most of the battery and see if what you are experiencing shows it ugly face. This is just one way to make sure it is not the ESC or a battery that is not up to snuff. If this shows nothing then I would be looking really hard at the receiver and do a rebind with the transmitter at least six feet from the receiver and pointing away from the receiver. If the receiver and transmitter are too close to each other when binding you can get a false bind, everything will work but not at distances.

witz.dan

My first step would be to take the plane have everything on hold the plane and open the throttle wide open and run the servos ( help may be needed ) for most of the battery and see if what you are experiencing shows it ugly face. This is just one way to make sure it is not the ESC or a battery that is not up to snuff. If this shows nothing then I would be looking really hard at the receiver and do a rebind with the transmitter at least six feet from the receiver and pointing away from the receiver. If the receiver and transmitter are too close to each other when binding you can get a false bind, everything will work but not at distances.

First off thank you all for the thoughts, comments, and opinions. Very appreciated

Thanks Bricks,
I like this thought process.

I went out today with a different rx. This time an OrangeRX. Nice thing about them is they blink red for every hold the rx experiences.

First time up had signal loss. Rx showing 5 holds. Tried a second, larger battery, and was able to fly to lipo cutoff. Not intentionally, but it was a larger battery and I was not sure if my run time. Rx showed 2 holds, 1 of which was most likely the low voltage warning. Looks like it maybe a battery issue?!?

The first battery is a 650mah 2s. Which is the recommended battery.

Second battery is a 1000mah 3s.

Could it be the battery can’t handle the draw? Motor was hot after running the 3s. 1806-2280kv

Thoughts?

Bricks

Master member
Ive got quite a few, but not that many! Lol

@witz.dan sounds like brownouts to me. Might try putting in a separate BEC. Usually cures that problem for me.

I purchased most of them back when you could get 5 for $25 so I stocked up and glad I did. One of my better investments in the hobby that actually paid off. :love: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

witz.dan

Update:

Placed the Lemon in a different airplane, with a satellite receiver, on a 3s 2200 lipo, 4 antennas going 4 different directions, all wires bundled up nicely and out of the way, and complete loss of signal. Was banking back toward me lost it all. Plane stayed in the bank and started circling to the ground. Luckily was high enough that when it all did come back I was able to regain control.

Back to the FT trainer with the Orange rx. Flipped the RX over to change direction of the antenna. Perfect flight with no holds using the same battery as yesterday.

All signs pointing to issue with the lemon 😔

Thank you all for the help. Talking through the scenarios, getting opinions, and hearing similar thoughts was very helpful.