LHI220 - Spektrum Serial Remote/Satellite problems

duch2112

Hello!
Building the LHI220 kit, everything is going ok, except I cannot get the FC to power or work with the Spektrum remote receiver.

LHI220 kit, Matek XT60 PDB, SP Racing F3 FC, Spektrum DX8, Spektrum FPV Racing Serial Receiver (3.3v).

Everything is soldered and hooked up. The Receiver is powered through the FC, at the Boot + and - (3.3v), and signal wire at UART 3 RX. Receiver has been bound to the TX via a Spektrum AR8010T (Receiver hooked up as a remote RX) (orange light works). Now, hook the RX back up to the F3 FC, and it appears to not be turning on/powered, at least the orange light is not coming on. No control inputs detected in BetaFlight. Multi meter shows 3.3v at the FC boot pins, and 3.3v at the wire entering the RX itself.

Beta flight - set as a serial RX, on UART 3. Quad connects to Betaflight and gyro and all else appears to be ok. Also, this is with Quad hooked up to XT60 power via batt, and computer via USB, and a combination of either or.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. Scoured the forums, and haven't seen anybody else with a similar issue. The forums and youtube have gotten me this far, feels like i'm hitting a wall with this issue.

Thanks - dan

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The other boot pad isn't a ground, it connects to the STM32 chip. Move your reciever ground to a proper ground pad and you should be good.

duch2112

The other boot pad isn't a ground, it connects to the STM32 chip. Move your reciever ground to a proper ground pad and you should be good.

Bro - that was it - I owe you! Thanks. So, what I had actually did was made an assumption about the + and - for the boot. The + is actually the pin nearest the edge of the board, contrary to the 1 to 8 signal, +, -, pins it is right next to...

Thanks!!!