Lidl foam chuck glider fusi + foamboard EDF Vulcan

Bonzofly

My latest project. The Lidl/foamboard EDF Vulcan. My 1st EDF Lidl glider just had an EDF mounted on to of the fusi, this time I wanted to create something that looked like a jet! This is my 9th Lidl build and I had a spare fusi as one of the builds was a biplane! They are all on my channel. Designing was fun, especially figuring the 'engine' intake ducting. I'm pleased with the finished design. It was a long project as this time I ordered the EDF from Aliexpress and it took two months to arrive. I've linked the Aeorc 45mm EDF at Banggood, should be quicker delivery. Around the £15 - £20 mark, depending what deal is on!

Bonzofly

My EDF design GETS IT'S MAIDEN! Lidl Nose, foamboard wing and 45 mm EDF
My first attempt at EDF 'jet' design, a foamboard/Lidl nosed Vulcan finally got it's maiden! How did it go? Build blog and more details of design is linked at the end and list of parts on the video. 45mm AEORC EDF
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DDDhe4Gzwk

jeff1000

Hi Guys
there seems to be a lot of British accents on the videos..... i have to deduced that this is because the Lidl Glider is easily available in Europe... not so much in North America. In following the posts , i have caught the Lidl Glider bug (the community, and all the mods possible). I am having trouble sourcing in US or Canada. Anyone know how to easily purchase this glider in North America ?
Jeff

Bonzofly

Hi Guys
there seems to be a lot of British accents on the videos..... i have to deduced that this is because the Lidl Glider is easily available in Europe... not so much in North America. In following the posts , i have caught the Lidl Glider bug (the community, and all the mods possible). I am having trouble sourcing in US or Canada. Anyone know how to easily purchase this glider in North America ?
Jeff

Hi Jeff
Lidl is a German store and once a year around Spring time it's in the shops here, but only for a week and VERY cheap. £8 or so. BUT some manufactures have jumped on the bandwagon I think and it is now available all year from other sources. It a Playtive Glider, though other sellers have hiked the price. Search Playtive Glider , here's one, more than double the price though https://www.ebay.com/itm/224477861696

jeff1000

Banggood also sells for $42 Cdn (approx $30 US) ....... pluse shipping.
Hoping i can get cheaper locally in USA, as i would like to order several to experiment.
Thanks for quick response...

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
these are on amazon canada

VCOSTORE 4 Pcs Foam Airplanes for Kids, 17.3" Throwing Foam Glider Plane Styrofoam Glider with 2 Flight Mode
1643891808263.png
1643891808263.png

jeff1000

Bonzo....I have checked out your videos…… they were what got me really interested in Lidl Glider......EDF, Vulcan, etc. versions (thus the British accent comment) ! I loved the Jet with internal EDF….. great engineering and creativity .....very cool

jeff1000

KN- i am also trying to find a large foam glider..... that looks like one used in Flite Test Youtube video that Josh converts to RC (glides extremely well) . I am trying to locate it in Canada. can you confirm brand and product name? Just went to Hobby Lobby (US) web site ...could not find that particular one....thks

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
KN- i am also trying to find a large foam glider..... that looks like one used in Flite Test Youtube video that Josh converts to RC (glides extremely well) . I am trying to locate it in Canada. can you confirm brand and product name? Just went to Hobby Lobby (US) web site ...could not find that particular one....thks
Try Walmart

jeff1000

KN - also looks like what FT were going to call "Power Pack H" used on the "FT Dart". I do not think they ever released it??? Can you confirm motor, ESC. and battery details on your Foamy? I am a newbie (just returning to hobby) ...so need some guidance with electronics....
thks

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
KN - also looks like what FT were going to call "Power Pack H" used on the "FT Dart". I do not think they ever released it??? Can you confirm motor, ESC. and battery details on your Foamy? I am a newbie (just returning to hobby) ...so need some guidance with electronics....
thks
No, I am using two power pack A's on 3s
Plenty of power, just tested it, everything should go well, a Power Pack H would work but it would be a bit under powered, I believe it uses 1104 motors, and 12a ESC's. I am using two BE1806 2300kv motors from DYS (a cheap brand on amazon).
Yes, here it is, please note I bought this one 2 years ago and apparently they have reduced the quality.
Hobby Lobby Flying Eagle Plane
I also found this one that is better quality.
Hobby Lobby Air Max Glider
I think it would be a better idea to go with the Air Max.