Lidl Foamy to bank and yank RC

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Flew it successfully, needs even more down and right thrust. Had to put a load of right and down trim. Still wanting to climb too much under power. Had hat-cam on, so will be interesting to see how that recorded.

Namactual

Elite member
One thing that just hit me, I think those little chuck gliders have a lot of incidence designed into the wing in relation to the rest of the airframe. Maybe that is causing the thrust angle to be so low.

I am not sure how hard it would be from the pics, but you might try to rotate the entire horizontal stabilizer about 3* or so to be more inline with the wing?:unsure:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
One thing that just hit me, I think those little chuck gliders have a lot of incidence designed into the wing in relation to the rest of the airframe. Maybe that is causing the thrust angle to be so low.

I am not sure how hard it would be from the pics, but you might try to rotate the entire horizontal stabilizer about 3* or so to be more inline with the wing?:unsure:
The rear stabliser can be put in both ways. One way causing the plane to loop, this was the other way, supposdly to give a smooth glide. And it does when the power is not on which makes me think is more the thrust line.
I will increase the down and right thrust angle and see.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Video here....four flights of increasing length. Apologies for my daft giggling, it was just so good to see this bird fly!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Removed the firewall and did a bit trimming of the front to increase the right and downthrust.
Also removed the play in the control surfaces. She should fly much better now.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Definitely flying better but still wanting to change it's pitch angle when power increased. Was a bit windy today but it coped okay. Did notice that it was horizontally wagging its tail when it should have been flying straight. Can anyone tell me if this tail-wagging is indicative of anything?

Javiester

Elite member
en españa ya está otra vez disponible en línea y a partir de la semana que viene en tienda

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Caroline
Just to let you know I have just bought one of these.
I will post a blog of the conversion.
Can't let you have all the fun! ;)

Tail wagging is usually a sign of too much air frame inertia (can be in both yaw and roll) for the available fin area.